PowerArcs in 2016 Pursuit Utility

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
Due to some unexpected complications, I've had to change a planned setup for a 2016 Ford Pursuit Utility.  The vehicle will be an unmarked, supervisor's unit that is used for occasional enforcement.  While looking at pictures and mulling ideas, it occurred to me that I may be able to slip in two Power Arc XM12's.  Planned lighting is two red, two blue SOS Nforces in the positions shown below:

ai1202.photobucket.com_albums_bb374_ajp3jeh_Proposed_20Vehicles_no_powerarc_zpsytgvlzog.jpg

Assuming they'll fit, would squeezing in two Power Arcs, one red, one blue, in the location shown be worth it?  If so, would you run all red and all blue or split red/white blue/white?  Plan would be to have them powered on when the vehicle was in motion but powered down when parked for a nice "synched when parked" effect.  Other planned lighting includes Mirror Beams and an SOS Nforce Interior lightbar and HLF.

Possible PowerArc sites:

ai1202.photobucket.com_albums_bb374_ajp3jeh_Proposed_20Vehicles_with_powerarc_zpskxurg9bs.jpg

Thoughts, comments, ridicules?

Last edited by a moderator:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
The only hesitation I'd have, is blocking the grill.  Notice how Ford puts the grill lights on the grill?  That is because they discourage blocking air flow and disrupting the active grill shutters.  

Jul 14, 2014
NV
I think the XM12 is a great idea.  Personally I'd have the red and blue on the outer modules and white on the inner modules.  So there wasn't white to the sides.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Part of me says go for it because I love Powerarcs the other part says it wouldn't be necessary with everything else you have planned. 

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I Do like the powerarc effect combined with flashing LEDs, but I think it will not be worthwhile if you have them right on top of 4 nforce lightheads, and the power arcs are kinda bulky for mounting on the grill of an unmarked unit IMO.

On the other hand, I think a single powerarc on the dash would be a nice addition.

Also, do you already have the nforce grill lights purchased or come lights coming from the factory? If you haven't yet (or if you have an alternate location to put 2 of the nforce), I would put the extra 2 nforce in the preplanned lower grill area and get a pair of the stud mount microns in the upper grill.  I really love the newer NGPI utility look and the ability to easily incorporate lights to the upper grill

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Put PowerArcs everywhere they fit!

But put the red on the left side and the blue on the right side, where they belong :D

Reactions: 801 and Retired1

Jul 14, 2014
NV
I was under the impression right /left was as you were sitting in the drivers seat.

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
Sorry but no PowerArcs.  I'm going to stack the nForces on top of each other where I was thinking about the Powerarcs in the above diagram.  They are the single color, 12 LED nForces so two of them should have some punch.

Regarding the sides of the vehicle, the interior lightbar is red on the driver's side and blue on the passenger's side.  The auxiliary lights are blue on driver's side and red on the passenger's.  That way there is some blue on the center line.

Did I mention Series 500 Mirror Beams?

Probably have another week at the installer's shop before I can post pics.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
But when a pic is shown from the front, it leads to confusion.  Driver's side vs. passenger's side is synonymous from all positions.  I mentioned it for clarity.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
But when a pic is shown from the front, it leads to confusion.  Driver's side vs. passenger's side is synonymous from all positions.  I mentioned it for clarity.

If theres pictures that show red on one side and blue on the other, and someone says it should be the other way... It can't get a whole lot more clear than that....

I still say to the OP that there should be PowerArcs everywhere.. Can't you flush mount them into the mirrors instead of mirror beams? :cool:

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Put PowerArcs everywhere they fit!

But put the red on the left side and the blue on the right side, where they belong :D

If theres pictures that show red on one side and blue on the other, and someone says it should be the other way... It can't get a whole lot more clear than that....

Not what you said.  It can be misconstrued, hence my post.  Don't assume.  All I asked was for clarification.  Don't be offended because you knew what you were talking about and someone else didn't.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Not what you said.  It can be misconstrued, hence my post.  Don't assume.  All I asked was for clarification.  Don't be offended because you knew what you were talking about and someone else didn't.

Well I have no idea what else I could have meant when I said switch them to where they belong, since theres only left and right, and they are already set up one way...

Im not offended, I just don't understand why this has taken this turn... I make a joking comment to the OP to put the reds opposite where they were drawn and the same with the blues, and since its pretty standard that R goes on the (ahem) DRIVERS side and the B goes on the (what did you call it? Oh, yeah...) PASSENGER side... Other people here understood it.

I digress, I'm really only in the thread because I saw the OP mention installing PowerArcs and thats what I came here for, not to discuss your understanding of my comment to the OP.

'Tis all.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Left is drivers, right is passenger's...all vehicles have a left, right, top, bottom, front, and back side...

its a universal approach,... no matter which angle the photo is, the vehicle's left and right never change...

parts are grouped this way even, not fueling the fire, just airing the logic.....

Reactions: 7d9_z28

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
OK, let me help you out here.  We do installations ourselves and this is a red/blue state, so I know which color goes where.

All I said was to clarify position as the OP had the colors on the wrong side.  That’s because he didn’t know, as do many other people on the internet, which is proven by the many pics and vids that have them on the wrong side.

Since none of you actually said to swap the colors and your posts could be misread, especially with the above pic falsely giving orientation from the front, it’s easy for the inexperienced person to misread your comments.

What I find funny is how you’re making fun to justify the error in speech.  As for orientation, left, down, up, right are based on the pic provided.  If I post a pic and tell you the light on the left is out, you’re not going to think, oh, he must mean the driver’s side.

This site is supposed to be helpful.  Avoid using language that can be misinterpreted.  Btw, port, starboard, bow and stern; why did they come up with these names?  To avoid confusion when describing a location.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I would love to see Powerarcs incorporated stealthily into the front warning of this Admin Unit...

although accustomed to seeing red and blue used with red/driver blue/pass, i wouldn't say it's wrong to swap them.. Just unusual. Lol

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
I never went with the Power Arcs. It wasn't that idea wasn't feasible but that the vehicle budget didn't allow it. I've got to get some pics and video together of how my last two vehicles turned out. While I'm never 100% content, these are pretty good.

Reactions: 801

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.