powercall +rumbler?hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
OK, so I have a powercall now!!   (Thanks Chris!)

And FYI, it REALLY works.    With my regular 100 watt siren going, when I hit the powercall, I immediately see brakelights ahead.  Every single time.  It's pretty impressive.  Same type speaker, the power of the sound literally can be felt.

Now, as I understand the concept of the Rumbler system, it should work with any siren system.  What would happen if I installed a Rumbler, connected to my Powercall?   Has anyone out there done this?

Please comment

Bob 

Reactions: FCV96 and tsquale

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
I've done it and man I will tell you it hits hard we built a Tahoe for a local fire chief that got a howler now he didn't really believe all the hype until he used it one day now he uses it on just about every call he runs

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I'm not a big fan of the Power-Call warble, but I think it sounds a lot better than the high-pitched yelp tones of the electronic sirens that are manufactured nowadays.   Just my opinion.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Id like to hear the REAL powercall with the rumbler, so... Video please!

Reactions: tsquale

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Obviously I know that is a powercall brand siren and I had HOPED it was obvious I meant a Real Original Authentic Powercall.

Unless I missed something, that is what this thread is about.

Reactions: tsquale
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
*shrug* I don't see anyplace where the OP said "original powercall", just "powercall"  

Regardless, it should work, but I'd be wary of hooking up my vintage GE PowerCall to a Rumbler...  

Reactions: Bryce8001

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
Meh. I doubt you could tell the difference between a "real" Powercall and my Alpha22Q. The big question is, would you rather run the Powercall tones, or the Xecutor-style mechanical wail... decisions, decisions...

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Meh. I doubt you could tell the difference between a "real" Powercall and my Alpha22Q. The big question is, would you rather run the Powercall tones, or the Xecutor-style mechanical wail... decisions, decisions...
Like all sane human beings, I'd rather run a real Powercall and a real Q.... at the same time :cool:

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Anyone who has owned or ran with a original Powercall will be able to tell the difference

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Bob, I would not recommend hooking up the power call to the tumbler, not for any scientific reason, but b/c I simply think it sounds awful. I love the powercall siren, especially when paired with the Q, but I think it sounds like garbage when you hook it up to a rumbler

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Someone NEEDS to find a WS-295, especially with Piercer, and demo it with a rumbler!

That WS-295 is the same as the Southern VP SA-400 with the 'phaser' tone.  Both sirens are made by Carson. 

The wail and yelp tones also sound like the Federal PA15 and PA20 sirens that were made in the early to mid 1960s.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
That WS-295 is the same as the Southern VP SA-400 with the 'phaser' tone.  Both sirens are made by Carson. 

The wail and yelp tones also sound like the Federal PA15 and PA20 sirens that were made in the early to mid 1960s.
Really? I wish my SA-400 had the Phaser tone, just because the word Phaser looks cooler than Two Tone does. Wish I could afford to collect sirens!

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
My little SVP siren has the "Powercall" feature on it and I use it almost exclusively to every call I respond to. I love it and mix that with the simulated Mec tone and damn it sounds nice.

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
Bob, I would not recommend hooking up the power call to the tumbler, not for any scientific reason, but b/c I simply think it sounds awful. I love the powercall siren, especially when paired with the Q, but I think it sounds like garbage when you hook it up to a rumbler
Actually now I agree.  After listening to the video someone posted above I didn't like the sound at all.

I've never heard a rumbler in person, i think they are effective.   And I really love the powercall sound.   I just don't think they sound right together.

and yes i know my siren is an imitation powercall not the original.  i don't have the money for an original and if i did i wouldn't use it i would display it.

thanks to all of you for your input though

Bob

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.