Prayers for KCFD pumper crew/ head-on collision/ FAO has critical injuries

microman

May 20, 2010
KC Metro
Happened a couple hours ago. KCFD Pumper 1 was responding to a medical call when a DUI driver (with 3 y.o. child in car also) crossed the center line hitting the pumper head on. The pumper then hit a power pole and then a tree. Reports are the FAO may lose his leg. He is in critical condition. The four other crew members suffered minor injuries. Prayers go out to the whole crew.

fire2_20110215145719_320_240.JPG

59453733-15143513.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, man. That's terrible :worried: .

Last edited by a moderator:
The stupid hag better be rotting in a jail cell for what she did right now :mad: !

CrownVic97 said:
The stupid hag better be rotting in a jail cell for what she did right now :mad: !
Here in New York State, DWI with a child in the car is an automatic felony now. I hope the same is true in Kansas.

21 year veteran Jeff Smith was the FAO involved. Word coming in is that they may be amputating his whole foot or his foot and part of his leg.

firetruck_20110215173416_320_240.JPG

jeffSMITH_20110215174235_320_240.JPG

I was involved in a fire truck yesterday my self, but nothing this bad. Prayers go out to KCFD.

I had a car turn left in front of me while I was responding to a grass fire in our engine. Minor injury in the car and also a 3 y/o not in a car seat. Scared the shit out of me.

Jeff Smith did end up having part of his leg amputated, but he is being hailed as a hero for what he did. KCPD states:

Police called Smith a hero for avoiding a more serious crash with the car.

"(He) went very hard to the right side of the road to avoid a head on collision with this woman's vehicle," said Sgt. Bill Mahoney of the Kansas City Missouri Police Department. "There's probably a pretty good chance that she and the 3 year old who was improperly restrained would have been seriously injured or killed." Mahoney says the 3-year-old was not in a car seat when the crash happened.

Jesus, 21 years on the job and this shit happens to the poor guy. Prayers go out to him, his family and the rest of his crew. As for the mother... well, I'll just keep those thoughts to myself.

PC Comms said:
Jesus, 21 years on the job and this shit happens to the poor guy. Prayers go out to him, his family and the rest of his crew. As for the mother... well, I'll just keep those thoughts to myself.

Amen Brother!

Never heard of FAO, interesting title.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381