Preco Hide away LED

Goodsam

Jun 26, 2011
South western Utah

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Very interesting, never heard of them before. I like the optics how it spreads it out, if I could find a place to purchase some I might just do it to test them out!

According to the posting on their main page that PDF was released/posted a year ago, Feb. 23, 2012, and yet no other posts on this to my knowledge here.

Preco Safety | LED HAW's

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Q2bman said:
Never heard of em. Looks cool but the optics will block all forward firih light output. Need video!

tom said:

Although true, not everyone looks for this as a necessity. I would prefer my light to disperse the light more than just forward facing, to fill a reflector better!!

STT Installer

May 28, 2010
Idaho
Preco appears to be Ecco, same address in Boise.

Of note, Idaho Transportation Department is retrofitting the majority of their vehicles to the Preco rotating LED mini bar - pretty bright compared to the Ecco Evolution and Federal Signal Highlighter halogen mini bars they're replacing.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
High quality image of the HAW referenced to in the original posting.

files_productfiles_prod_6610_head_1500p.jpg

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Zack said:
CRAP!

That thing is HUGE!!!

Looking at my computer monitor, it's going to need a hole at least 4" across.... I don't know how they ever expect it to fit in a light housing....

Using the size of the LEDs as a reference, the head doesn't seem that big...

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
EMT-BLS said:

if you are always comparing the size of a head based upon the LEDs now I know why your girlfriends are always disappointed after the fact.

edit: forgot to mention that ive never been impressed with ecco leds. Is anyone a fan of their led products?

Last edited by a moderator:

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
FEVER said:
if you are always comparing the size of a head based upon the LEDs now I know why your girlfriends are always disappointed after the fact.

How are you commenting on girlfriends? The general consensus is that you're into dudes...

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
When that LED was being shopped around we looked at it was not impressed. We didn't like the optics as they hold back a lot of the light. Ecco uses whomever is the cheapest getting a lot of new stuff from China. We just had a rep in before they were let go and the stuff they had was all junk. Don't get me wrong they have some great products such as their beacons, STM series, and the Nova labeled SD24 but they are starting to go the road where price is more important than quality.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Strobesnmore said:
When that LED was being shopped around we looked at it was not impressed. We didn't like the optics as they hold back a lot of the light. Ecco uses whomever is the cheapest getting a lot of new stuff from China. We just had a rep in before they were let go and the stuff they had was all junk. Don't get me wrong they have some great products such as their beacons, STM series, and the Nova labeled SD24 but they are starting to go the road where price is more important than quality.

I will concur with the good products they have.

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
EMT-BLS said:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

THIS THING IS HUGE!!!!

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8387_8517948960_3ac5c55208_z.jpg

(I was trying to make a joke... since it's a close up view of the light head... and the image itself is very large... so it appears big on my monitor...)

(Seemed funny at the time.)

:p

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
acdn.memegenerator.net_instances_400x_35556263.jpg

Zack said:
(I was trying to make a joke... since it's a close up view of the light head... and the image itself is very large... so it appears big on my monitor...)

(Seemed funny at the time.)

:p

ai2.cdn.turner.com_dr_hln_www_release_sites_default_files_imagdebdbbf5c1a33aed49bf04fbe7e31aad.jpg

Goodsam

Jun 26, 2011
South western Utah
I found them for $71 plus $10 shipping from a supplier in Utah if your interested pm me and I'll send you the vendor info I spoke with there's about 6 in the US I found. I'm on the fence on whether or not I want to try them but the optics look cool

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Goodsam said:
I found them for $71 plus $10 shipping from a supplier in Utah if your interested pm me and I'll send you the vendor info I spoke with there's about 6 in the US I found. I'm on the fence on whether or not I want to try them but the optics look cool

$71 each?!

If anyone is interested, I may be able to get these for much less than that price

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
tom said:
$71 each?!

If anyone is interested, I may be able to get these for much less than that price

Certainly would like someone else who has the ability to tell me if its worth the money (seeing how bright they are) before I buy any, but if they are I would consider buying some to check them out!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.