Preemptive strobe

zack A

May 24, 2010
NC
Quick question, will a preemption strobe work behind a colored lense?

Posted via Tapatalk

Respondcode3 said:
yes but the distance needed to activate the sensor is decreased I have found

reduced significantly......

We only have one light and we activate them as we come down a slight hill. We are normally going about 20 mph or less

Posted via Tapatalk

zack A said:
We only have one light and we activate them as we come down a slight hill. We are normally going about 20 mph or less

Posted via Tapatalk

It would probably work fine then.

I've got my preemption strobe on my dash all by itself (not running just that, but no other lights next to it). I'm finding that it really catches people's attention that way, as well as triggers the sensors just fine. Do you HAVE to have yours behind a colored lens - is it going in a lightbar or something?

Right now this certain ambulance has the dash light model since it was an all LED truck. However we are having huge issues with the light not getting the sensor until we are almost clearing the intersection our selfs. Today it didn't hit it until I was almost directly under it. The light is aimed good, all the other trucks have the center strobe as the "light changing strobe." The reason I'm asking about a colored lense is taking a halogen light and putting a HAW bulb in it. This way i can retain the light as a working lighthead when the preemption strobe is off.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381