Pretty durable lightbars

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
There's a thread somewhere with a video of a Liberty bent in half (got run over?) and it was still working

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Funny thing about wires and circuit boards, as long as their intact, they will continue to work.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
They libbys seem to hold up pretty well. An officer w/ the local PD back in NY totaled his Charger, but the lightbar was able to be recycled. I've seen a few vids of libbys holding up after MVAs, but I haven't seen videos of other top 3 lightbars surviving nasty MVA's

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
strobecrazy said:
Love the officer on the tracks and the train lurking in the background.

Good god man, don't you know ANYTHING about scene safety? He's OBVIOUSLY doing traffic control! :haha:

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
Scene safety, stop all trains, but forget to wear vest-check. Impressive it looks like the lightbar actually stopped the car from getting any further damage. As far as the liberty crushed by a tractor trailer tire, just begs the question of how since that looks like a direct straight down hit. Impressive that only one module doesn't work, nothing a little elbow grease won't fix.

ast123

Oct 27, 2012
South Georgia
efdny2003 said:
Scene safety, stop all trains, but forget to wear vest-check. Impressive it looks like the lightbar actually stopped the car from getting any further damage. As far as the liberty crushed by a tractor trailer tire, just begs the question of how since that looks like a direct straight down hit. Impressive that only one module doesn't work, nothing a little elbow grease won't fix.

The deputy's car was parked in front of a local school as he was the resource officer there. A tractor trailer was driving down the highway in front of the school where the car was parked and lost a tire. The tire bounced over the fence and landed on top of the deputy's car.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
efdny2003 said:
Scene safety, stop all trains, but forget to wear vest-check.

I thought my smiley thingy was enough to convey sarcasim... possibly not as I can't tell if you're trying to be sarcastic or not.

ast123 said:
The deputy's car was parked in front of a local school as he was the resource officer there. A tractor trailer was driving down the highway in front of the school where the car was parked and lost a tire. The tire bounced over the fence and landed on top of the deputy's car.

Holy cow talk about bad luck.

rsmartin

Aug 17, 2011
Stamford NY
pdk9 said:
They libbys seem to hold up pretty well. An officer w/ the local PD back in NY totaled his Charger, but the lightbar was able to be recycled. I've seen a few vids of libbys holding up after MVAs, but I haven't seen videos of other top 3 lightbars surviving nasty MVA's

I found out the lenses can take a beating during a search and rescue a month or so back, I was happily impressed they were still intact after the almost 2 hour branch beating they took on some old logging trails.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
ast123 said:

We have our erector set we can build it faster, stronger, and better then ever.

Might even be able to leap a small building in a single bound. doughtful on the train.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trucky

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.