Pro copper console

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Through the slots in the sides... You use the mounting hardware that comes with what ever piece of equipment you're using...

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Here's a pic of a car we did where we re-used the Pro-Copper from the units this car replaced... See the slots on the sides and the crews/bolts/buts for the equipment...?

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h191_tritontim47_B_20and_20B_20Lig804a8d1f0797546b0f2995c91c8bf8eb.jpg

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
fire9508 said:
I need it for my truck. But I haven't decided to cut it down to fit or sell it and buy another console

It is really a glorified radio rack but works for its purpose. If it is in the budget go with a Havis or Jotto. You will have to get faceplates and other accessories. If trying to keep it on the cheap the pro copper will work with just a few bucks worth of hardware from a hardware store.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Those consoles suck, we've used them in our cars for years. We're finally switching over to Havis or Jotto over the course of the last year.

You have to be very cognizant of the widths of equipment, and be sure to use spacers on the bolts between the rack and equipment, otherwise the rack distorts, bending all over, and just generally looking like crap (as ours have).

If you only have a couple things, you might be fine using it. Otherwise, I'd sell it and get something better.

CVengence

Aug 6, 2013
Durham, NC
I dont mind Pro Copper too much. I've installed several hundred of them over the last sevral years. They are better than some of that older Gamber Johnson and Jotto crap. We just retrofitted some for some Tahoes and they actually turned out a lot better than I was expecting. The spacers they come with are like gold when it comes to leveling deck lights and spacing grille lights.

Sent while driving.

jswwjw

Dec 10, 2010
Southern Indiana
We reuse and rehash pro copper all the time and yes the spacer are like gold. I take some 1/2 PVC (found at most hardware stores) and make my own spacers. Cut them to length, paint them black and install them. The challenge with some equipment is finding long enough screws to go in the sides of the equipment you are installing. As far as top (not really sure how to describe it) spacing. I have used 1/2 trim board, cut to length and painted black as well. Looks good and is easily done.

Hope this helps.

fire9508

Feb 9, 2012
North Carolina
jswwjw said:
We reuse and rehash pro copper all the time and yes the spacer are like gold. I take some 1/2 PVC (found at most hardware stores) and make my own spacers. Cut them to length, paint them black and install them. The challenge with some equipment is finding long enough screws to go in the sides of the equipment you are installing. As far as top (not really sure how to describe it) spacing. I have used 1/2 trim board, cut to length and painted black as well. Looks good and is easily done.

Hope this helps.

Thank this helps a lot for my plans

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
One challenge is finding screws/bolts that are long enough but not too long. We had some radio/siren deaths with the pro-copper from people who didn't know to watch out for this. They would get some really long screws and screw them right into the radio or siren board. Poof and out comes the smoke.

Also watch how far you tighten the screws. It's easy to strip the threads on some of these thin-cased devices.

fire9508

Feb 9, 2012
North Carolina
ryanm said:
One challenge is finding screws/bolts that are long enough but not too long. We had some radio/siren deaths with the pro-copper from people who didn't know to watch out for this. They would get some really long screws and screw them right into the radio or siren board. Poof and out comes the smoke.

Also watch how far you tighten the screws. It's easy to strip the threads on some of these thin-cased devices.

Thanks for the help

Pinzmog

May 13, 2012
Gold Hill, NC
I use old rubber bushings from vehicle shocks as spacers on more narrow equipment, they help with the vibration and over tightening issues too. Just run the bolt through the outside, put bushing on the inside, pass through the bushing and into the side of the device being mounted. Works great.

CVengence

Aug 6, 2013
Durham, NC
fire9508 said:
It's going In a truck I don't know how good it's going to work

We modified one out of a Crown Vic to work in a Tahoe. All we had to buy was the seat brackets from Havis. Took the plate that comes in a police package Charger and mounted it on the bracket. Then we mounted all the Pro Copper stuff to the plate. Turned out quite nice. I'll take some pics tomorrow.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
I don't have any pix of it, but I had a ProCopper installed in my 1997 CPV-PI when I bought it in 2002 and it's still there. I have a lowband 4-channel Regency radio; a 16-channel G.E.VHF (built by Maxon), and a PA200. In the space below the radios, like an overgrown change tray, I sit my scanner whenever I use the car. Radio comes and goes.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.