Problem Programing Vertex 800

Alboy29

Aug 8, 2011
United STates, New York
Hello,

Well I have been at this for about 3 hours now, and Am having Absolutely NO Success. :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

I have vertex 800 Uhf, and am running the Software Ce31 on my Windows xp laptop. USB Programming Cable

Got the Program up, Radio plugged in (After installing Drivers etc)

Uploaded the Radio to Program, and it is good. Then when i Change the Programming, or Try to DOWNLOAD ANYTHING to the Radio, the Radio reads "ERR1" and the program reads "No Communication with Radio"

Tried restarting, Different COM Ports, all types of different settings Configurations Nothing. Any help would be more than Useful! Thanks All

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
Alboy29 said:
Hello,
Well I have been at this for about 3 hours now, and Am having Absolutely NO Success. :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

I have vertex 800 Uhf, and am running the Software Ce31 on my Windows xp laptop. USB Programming Cable

Got the Program up, Radio plugged in (After installing Drivers etc)

Uploaded the Radio to Program, and it is good. Then when i Change the Programming, or Try to DOWNLOAD ANYTHING to the Radio, the Radio reads "ERR1" and the program reads "No Communication with Radio"

Tried restarting, Different COM Ports, all types of different settings Configurations Nothing. Any help would be more than Useful! Thanks All

-battery has a decent charger in it?

-is the programming port on radio gummed up?

-is it passworded?

Alboy29

Aug 8, 2011
United STates, New York
wkr518 said:
-battery has a decent charger in it?
-is the programming port on radio gummed up?

-is it passworded?

Battery is Charged, Radio is staying on, good Charge

Port is fine, New Cable, and fairly newer radio(clean port/Connection)

As far as being passworded I have no idea, IF it was how would i figure that out?

I can run the Software, Read the Radio into the software to show me what is on it, but cannot Edit or Change any of the Channels/Options

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
911 said:
you can always drop it off and we can look at it if you are local....

no charge to check it out !
That's a heck of a deal, ever going to open up a shop in Toronto? :D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.