problems with slide switch UPDATED

lightbarman

Jun 4, 2010
Andale, KS
I have a Code 3 Mastercom light/siren control, circa 2004. When I turn my slide switch to the off position, mode 1 stayed on until I banged the side of the console. Any suggestions?

You'd need to inspect and/or replace the slide switch. Take a look and go from there.

So I take the car to our local install shop. The guy says he thinks the switch is probably just gummed up, but he will call Code 3 just to see how much a replacement switch will be. The Service Tech tells him Code 3 no longer makes a replacement slide switch, and the unit needs to be sent in for an "Upgrade." Huh? I find it hard to believe that Code 3 doesn't sell a replacement slide switch for the Mastercom. Even the new ones have a removeable slide switch. So anyways, the installer cleans the switch, puts the thing back together, and everything works just fine. Anyone know what this "Upgrade" consists of?

lightbarman said:
So I take the car to our local install shop. The guy says he thinks the switch is probably just gummed up, but he will call Code 3 just to see how much a replacement switch will be. The Service Tech tells him Code 3 no longer makes a replacement slide switch, and the unit needs to be sent in for an "Upgrade." Huh? I find it hard to believe that Code 3 doesn't sell a replacement slide switch for the Mastercom. Even the new ones have a removeable slide switch. So anyways, the installer cleans the switch, puts the thing back together, and everything works just fine. Anyone know what this "Upgrade" consists of?

My guess is they would retrofit the smaller mastercom B series switch onto it...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381