Props to all Members here.

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
I just wanted to take a few minutes and post this..... I'm not sure it belongs here, but since I couldn't single anyone out, I figured better here than the "transaction feedback" section (which was the original plan).

Over the past few years, I have periodically been a "member" of many different groups/websites/forums, such as gun related, police related, tactics related, and general equipment. Invariably, I have left every single one of them, for one reason..... drama. I have been very fortunate to have learned from the people who have been willing to teach me, and the very few topics I am "comfortable" with, I am so for good reason; but always someone would say "no way", "impossible", or just flat out call me a liar over things I have actually been through, or seen with my own eyes.

Other than one fluke attempted purchase I have had on here, EVERY SINGLE MEMBER I have come into some kind of dealing with on here has been just awesome. This is the one "site" I am still on, and proud to be. This place is a LOT of fun, educational, and just flat out cool.

So to each of you I have had the pleasure of dealing with, chatting with, or just BS'ing with, THANK YOU. I'm glad to be in your company.

Alvie Jones

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
so your a Jones ehhh....

Reactions: AJ3814

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Have you read Jazz Dads Post

No... What area was it posted in? I'm at work and my cell isn't condusive to searching on here. 

And Retired1, thanks for the kind words. He was the toughest 5'6" giant I have ever known. I miss him very much. 

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Heh. Thanks! Yea... he was on the news (even national) several times over the years and was an icon. He had that extra job before I was born, and kept it until the day he retired (1978-2000 if I remember correctly). Bush Sr. even wrote him a personal letter of appreciation shortly before he died, which I still have in a frame). It was delivered to him in person by the president of the Houston Police Officer's Union, Ray Hunt, who actually used to be one of his partners in the early '80's). That truly warmed my heart. I'll never be who he was, but I try every day to let his good qualities shine through me.

That's why my nickname is "Little Buzz Saw"...... Maybe I should change my member name to that.

I'll see if I can find the video of his longest partner, Bill Lindsay, losing his patrol car on a traffic stop because he forgot to put in in "park". I still talk to Bill today, and him and my Dad rode together for almost 10 years.

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Please keep in mind folks.... that was my Dad's ex PARTNER..... NOT my Dad.... Sorry.... have to specify that..... BIll (the guy in the video..... my Dad's EX PARTNER..... ((had to clarify again)) ), couldn't run because in his over 25 years on, he had slipped (IIRC) 5 of the 7 major disks/vertebrae in his back fighting (I remember him telling me if he slipped the last 2, he'd never be able to bend over again for the rest of his life). He could cuss with the best of them, including royalty, and was suspended for it more times than I can count, but was a DAMN GOOD cop.

I remember talking to him one night about his back, and he told me he had damaged 2 "disks" in 1 fight.... I said, "You IDIOT!! Why do you keep doing this if you're so damned close to being handicapped?!?!"..... "Well, I have kids."

He made the Houston Chronicle shortly (VERY shortly) before he retired, for making more of a salary as an HPD officer than Mayor Bill White. He worked so much overtime (some of which he wasn't supposed to) that it caused a huge stink.... So he flipped the city "the bird" and retired..... just like my Pops.

Old school ways just don't fly anymore, but all 4 of his kids (a set of twins included) are now college graduates and have made very good lives for themselves thanks to his sacrifices.

Reactions: JazzDad

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
I remember seeing him on the news! Great moves. Chip off the ol block?

Yea.... I have been on a couple of accident scenes here, and although it's a small town, people were amazed at how I handled a 4-way intersection by myself. One Supervisor for the S.O. came up and asked me what that "mess was that I am doing in the middle of the road"..... I said "Directing traffic, why?"..... He was flabbergasted, so I said, it's a synchronized dance, and you have to be able to "read traffic", paying attention to the drivers in the car just as much as the traffic flow.... he just stared at me. I said, "Brother, if you could only have seen the intersection I stood in at 10 years old and watched my Dad..." And I grinned a little and got right back to work. Now I'm asked to assist on any accident near my town. Heh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Maxim2Eng

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.