Purple/magenta leds

nlaser11

May 23, 2010
Ridgway IL, 62979
I have had a request for purple leds. I was on a site once that had a whole line of purple stuff, but i cant seem to find it again. My customer is interested in surface mount units containing 3 or 4 leds. I have google searched and came up with a few solutions, but i thought i would ask the pros. I have never had any purple/magenta lights of any kind, so any thoughts, suggestions, or direction would be appreciated.

thanks, nick

Duncanville1

Feb 6, 2012
Dallas
They are produced, mostly for the funeral industry, I know Whelen used to offer them. I believe they are actually clear LED's w/ a purple filter.

djmcfall

Nov 10, 2010
Filer, Idaho
I have a brand new in the box pair of purple storbe tubes to be mounted inside the backup or headlight clear lens, complete with connectors and cable kits. I will sell the entire kit for $100 shipped, and can include a used four head strobe power supply for another $50. PM me if interested

dovy6

May 18, 2011
Brooklyn
if you wanna go cheap just do what (according to youtube) many people do, get a couple chinese leds in Red and Blue and run them both at the same time. Better yet, get a split R/B

whitey1000

Oct 26, 2011
australia
try some of the australian suppliers, here in australia council rangers and the roads and traffic authority use magenta for pulling over trucks ect

some suppliers are Prolific Systems and Hazard Systems | Home Page

im not sure if its of any use to anyone there but i have a full set of magenta lenses to suit the hazzard 90 series bar which i do beleive is the same as the whelan edge 9000 bars

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.