Wanted Push bumper or blueprints to have one made

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel_medic

Jun 16, 2015
Afghanistan
Hi Guys

I'm looking for a push bumper, My car is not any of the common ones that have push bumpers, it would probably be a one of a kind, I'm looking for something for a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3. I cant find a general push bumper mod id like if possible if anyone has blueprints to make one, I have access to a machine shop that can assist me with making the parts and welding.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
I have two suggestions:

#1. Consider adapting a brush bumper from an off-road UTV (side x side). Once you found a style that you like (and looks appropriate for your use), all that would be required is fabricating mounts to attach to your front frame. 

Some examples can be found in amongst the following images:

https://www.google.com/search?q=utv+brush+guard&biw=1280&bih=638&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=5uOXVYLyDIyWyAShpoGgCg&ved=0CEEQsAQ&dpr=1

#2. Have a local race car fabrication shop make one for you. You could draw a rough illustraion of what you would like the finished product to look like and they would do the rest. You can find South African fabrication shops in the listings here:

http://www.miquip.co.za/

I personally think, that a push bumper designed for a large sedan or truck would look awkward on your Mazdaspeed 3. The weight of a full size push bumper would also put a substantial stress on your Mazda's front suspenion and adversely effect your handling characteristics. A custom push bumper, or an adapted one from a smaller vehicle, such as a UTV, would look good and do what you want it to do. 

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 336 and 7d9_z28

daniel_medic

Jun 16, 2015
Afghanistan
Thank you Terry

Your input has sparked some thoughts. I never thought of the UTV guards.

Definitely a full size would look way out of place, so would need to fabricate or adapt a smaller one like from the UTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.