Question about SVP LCS-880 remote switch/siren

Lt. Dino

May 24, 2010
Georgetown, USA
Usually I have no problem figuring out the proper wire size, but for some reason, this confuses me. I've got an SVP LCS-880 remote siren/switch. Anyone wire one before? What have you used to power it? It's got two power wires if you want to run 200 watts for the siren. It says it should be able to receive 50 amps peak... is that per wire or overall? The wire coming out of the unit is 14ga, so would 10ga from the battery be enough for each power wire or would it be better to go with a bigger wire? Any help would be appreciated.

ai64.photobucket.com_albums_h198_emsdispatcher1_LCS880.jpg

--and the link to the manual--

LCS880 Manual - Star Headlight & Lantern Company, Avon, NY

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
I am currently work on one of these aswell. I ran 3 10ga wires from the 3 outputs next to the slide switch outputs that need power. Then I just hooked up both 14ga wires to the same fuse block. I am using a 8ga from the batter to power it. Its probably a little overkill, but I am also powering a whelebn 690 off the same fuse block.

Now, not to hyjack your thread, but I cannot get the one I am working on to power up. I have the pink wire powered to a keyed ignition source aswell. All my fuses are good also. The controller turns on, and make nosie when I hit the buttons and they light up red when pressed but I can't power any lights or the siren?

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
fireman616wfd said:
well i am thinking about purchasing one of these sirens... I will see how this thread goes before I do lol

2 of my buddies have them and love them.

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
SireLite said:
Check your power wires going into the relay board.

Alright. What I am wondering is do I just send the thing back and get a new one as its brand new.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
does this siren when operating the manual button have it where I can just "tap" for a short manual like whelen has.. Like when I press Manual Tone I just want it to only sound while I am pressing the button, not the long manual version like the PA300. Idk what you call it lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.