Question for FS Ultrastar Strobe Light

ejwa

May 22, 2012
Southeastern Kentucky
My friend aquired a former telephone utility truck that was equipped with a Fed Sig Ultrastar strobe beacon. I asked him if it works and he said it did as long as the truck was in reverse. I thought he was joking but kept saying it during the conversation and said he wished he could get the light to work all the time. I don't know anything about strobes so could this be a legitimate problem? If so, has it happened to anyone else before and what can be done to correct it.

This is one of the largest strobe beacons I have ever seen, very wide in diameter.

:confused:

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
ejwa said:
My friend aquired a former telephone utility truck that was equipped with a Fed Sig Ultrastar strobe beacon. I asked him if it works and he said it did as long as the truck was in reverse. I thought he was joking but kept saying it during the conversation and said he wished he could get the light to work all the time. I don't know anything about strobes so could this be a legitimate problem? If so, has it happened to anyone else before and what can be done to correct it.

This is one of the largest strobe beacons I have ever seen, very wide in diameter.

:confused:

Sounds to me that the trucks reverse circuit is how the strobe is wired in..... find the wires coming off the strobe itself, should be a red one and a black one... disconn the red wire and connect to power from another source, the light should fire... Hope this helps, and "we like Pictures"... hint hint.... :cool:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fireman5340

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.