Question for Ga. Guys

motoapco25

May 25, 2010
10Ac TN
I Keep seeing LEO`s in area like Trenton and over in Douglas County Georgia Sitting cross ways in the Interstate Median`s at night with only the take down lights on

Never seen this up in Tn.

Why do they do this ?

NC lawdog

Sep 12, 2010
North Carolina
I'm pretty sure that Ohio does it because that's how they have their RADAR antenna mounted. GA guys are probably doing interdiction

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
NC lawdog said:
I'm pretty sure that Ohio does it because that's how they have their RADAR antenna mounted. GA guys are probably doing interdiction

Never seen them sit in median with takedowns or spotlight on before. Antenna for the radar has been on the lightbar for years. Its like they are lighting the road up in front of cruiser to see the passing traffic. Ive seen 4 of them doing this in a 50 mi stretch of 75.

Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
Myself and my girlfriend, which are both in Fire/Ems, were oon I-20 in Douglas County, ga the other day driving back home and we both noticed the Douglas Co. S.O unit in the median with his take down lights on as well. We were both baffled. I have no idea myself. But i have seen them as well. Must be something new they learned to do down at GPSTC. lol

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
It's a drug interdiction technique. I took Ohio's interdiction class, and they teach it. Allows the Troopers to see inside of the cars as they pass by. They look for inconsistencies with drivers, nervous behavior, etc.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
crescentstar69 said:
It's a drug interdiction technique. I took Ohio's interdiction class, and they teach it. Allows the Troopers to see inside of the cars as they pass by. They look for inconsistencies with drivers, nervous behavior, etc.

ding ding ding YES. the expressway guys do it i tried doing it on the highway but the take downs on the liberty sucks so i use my spotlight aiming down at an angle on the roadway.

zacmtz7

May 21, 2010
Atlanta, GA
it's interdiction, watching the drivers mannerisms. I do that for seat belt enforcement in my town but we don't have a interstate, be a little difficult when vehicles are wizzing by at 80+mlh.

NC lawdog

Sep 12, 2010
North Carolina
zacmtz7 said:
it's interdiction, watching the drivers mannerisms. I do that for seat belt enforcement in my town but we don't have a interstate, be a little difficult when vehicles are wizzing by at 80+mlh.
You actually get used to doing it at night. I work 85 and the speed limit is 70. Plus I have a slick top so I have to rely on my high beams.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W2CK

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.