Question for the elightbar pros

emt757

May 23, 2010
I need some ideas or even if someone knows of anything. I need a small light that is amber as to use as a marker light but whenever the emergency lights are activated it turns red. Any ideas?? Thanks

Uh, will this be used as a emergency light, or still simply (now red) marker? Does it need to flash, or stay steady on?

Only thing off the top of my head would be a xtreme chameleon led light from axixtech- but I suspect that will be either to large, and/or too bright for your application...

I thought about suggesting that but isn't it only red/blue chameleon? he needs amber/red

you could contact distributors and see if they will sell you one of the 2010 liberty lightheads (in red/amber), like the ones that are mean't for the traffic arrow. You might have to wait a bit though because i am not up to date on it's release sate or parts costs.

IIRC, you can get custom colors from Axixtech suppliers, just takes a darn long lead time, and costs a bit more.. (again, iirc)

Plus, considering they make the torrent with a red/amber option, they do have the LED in stock at the factory. ;)

chameleons are available in r/b, a/b, and a/r only. Not sure if you can steady burn them though in separate colors.

I read somewhere that you could set the TORRENT bar in cruise mode, having 4 corners marker light in amber, then in flash mode they go to whatever color you have for emergency. Think it was roadwolfsblog or something, don't remember. I might be wrong :roll:

Carlsson said:
I read somewhere that you could set the TORRENT bar in cruise mode, having 4 corners marker light in amber, then in flash mode they go to whatever color you have for emergency. Think it was roadwolfsblog or something, don't remember. I might be wrong :roll:
You are, sorta.

He has a amber arrowstick on the rear of the torrent, and it turns "blue" for warning. Cruise mode does work, but its just the 4 corner LED's, and its only blue, not dual color. Its also a constant "on" and dimmed. (but still bright as snot)

:)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381