Question on a Code 3 XL part

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
I just picked up a Code 3 XL bar and one of the rotators has a broken white plastic gear. Are these still available and are they easy to replace? Might someone reading this have one for sale? Thanks for any info....

Jun 18, 2013
PA
empire5150 said:
I just picked up a Code 3 XL bar and one of the rotators has a broken white plastic gear. Are these still available and are they easy to replace? Might someone reading this have one for sale? Thanks for any info....

Have you tried their website? They may still have them, as I found they still do parts for the LP6000.

toolman247

Apr 29, 2011
USA NY
empire5150 said:

I needed several of those gears a couple of years ago and they are not available. The new gear has a different pitch so it does not work the original worm gear.

I remember a thread about a member who was experimenting with a 3D printer awhile back. This would be a good project as well as AeroDynic gears.

Dingo

May 30, 2012
usa, maine
empire5150 said:

hey,Its me in maine ,I have that code 3 xl Frankenbar with 4 rotators still.

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
I have tried to switch these gears before, I had several rotators that had "baked" reflectors, it it ended up to be alot easier to just change out the whole rotator, or swap the good reflectors by drilling the rivets

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
I've changed the gears before and it's not easy to do.

Like Shawn said change out the whole assembly or the reflector to a good setup.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.