Quick disconnect lightbar from code 3 question

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
Does anybody has ever installed or used this product on a car?

heres the product Code 3 Police > Lightbar Accessories

I'm thinking abouth getting one for my lapd car show so i can mount the lightbar on and off in few min instead of having all the wires going through the window.

Thank you for your help

here it is:

ai779.photobucket.com_albums_yy77_2004_p71_crown_20vic_201990_DSC05250.jpg

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
I haven't used one yet, but I believe they are installed onto the lightbar cable at the factory. How many conductors does your bar have or need?

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
SafetyLighting said:
I haven't used one yet, but I believe they are installed onto the lightbar cable at the factory. How many conductors does your bar have or need?

well it,s the old style lightbar that draw lots of power with heavy gauge wirering so i'm guessing that if I want to use the code 3 quick disconnect cable i will have to combine more wire for a single operation as i'm assuming that the gauge of wire is smaller.

OVERKILL

Jan 27, 2012
hamilton ontario canada
if you do a google search hubbel electric makes something similar to this that is waterproof for industrial applications and they have many different gauge and pin configurations also will be cheaper

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
OVERKILL said:
if you do a google search hubbel electric makes something similar to this that is waterproof for industrial applications and they have many different gauge and pin configurations also will be cheaper

Oh i really like the idea as 200$ for a quick connect was a bit expensive but I will take a look for sure.

thank you for the information

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
RBRONKEMA GHTFD said:
I was thinkin something like his might be helpful for your application.

22 Pin Weatherpack Bulkhead Connector

They make different numbers of pins, but this is what i was thinking. Really any type of weather pack connector would work.

Thank you for the info

I might have found something similar at my local electronic store but it is not water proof and i really need a 90 degree angle

But i might end up with something simmilar though

Sep 13, 2010
Holland, Michigan
Make sure to post pics of what you end up doing. Step by step install pics are nice also. We all love pics.

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
RBRONKEMA GHTFD said:
Make sure to post pics of what you end up doing. Step by step install pics are nice also. We all love pics.

you will be served with me lol

I might get the parts soon but the instalation will be delayed because the car is stored during the winter.

although i'd prefer to buy something similar to the code 3 instead of doing something that might not look as nice as the code 3 unit

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.