Radio rebroadcast on Feniex Storm

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
I wasnt sure whether this should be here of the "other" forum - if it needs to be moved I understand.

So I am looking for some advice. The Storm doesnt come with aux inputs or a way to switch the "rebroadcast" on so I am looking for ideas on how to accomplish it.

My idea was to tie connect the external audio wires from my CDM 1550 to the audio input wires from the PA mic and gate one side of the audio with a 12v NO relay. A switch on my 4200 would provide the 12v to close the circuit. Other than this I have no idea how to accomplish it...

Thanks for any advice or assistance you guys can provide.

Crip

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Surgicalcric said:
My idea was to tie connect the external audio wires from my CDM 1550 to the audio input wires from the PA mic and gate one side of the audio with a 12v NO relay. A switch on my 4200 would provide the 12v to close the circuit. Other than this I have no idea how to accomplish it...

That could work. Rather than switch the audio, use the relay to activate the mic PTT circuit. You'll also need some resistors to attenuate and isolate the audio. I have a Storm that I can experiment with and see what I come up with.

Or redneck it and just duck tape the PA mic over the radio speaker.

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
MtnMan said:
That could work. Rather than switch the audio, use the relay to activate the mic PTT circuit. You'll also need some resistors to attenuate and isolate the audio. I have a Storm that I can experiment with and see what I come up with.

Or redneck it and just duck tape the PA mic over the radio speaker.

Thanks for the idea. If I use the ptt circuit I still have to wire the audio from my 1550 into the PA input wires don't I? And all that attenuation and isolation can be achieved thru wiring the radio outputs to the PA inputs...

As for the redneck engineering, if I was gonna go that route I wouldn't have kept my install as clean and would have ran all my wiring across the top of the dash, carpet, door sills, etcetera then used 20 gauge wiring without circuit breakers or fuses .. :D j/k

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.