radio to control lights......

Forum Guru
May 22, 2010
New York City
about 2 hours ago i was at a MVA , there was another volly ambulance emt also there and he took out a ht1250 off his belt, and pressed some buttons and his lights on his suv turned off....... i didnt get into details with him as it was a busy scene, but does anyone know how he did it?

Just a guess on my part, but something similar to this DTMF Relay Control Board looks like it might be a way to accomplish this.

If you click the photo links in the description, there are some decent pictures of the unit. As I said, just a guess but it looks like it can control relays and has some features built in that could accomplish what you described.

There was a video on youtube I remember seeing. The guy had one of those DTMF control boards with the audio output from a scanner going into the input of the DTMF board. On his scanner, he had the frequency (I believe it was a ham frequency) on priority mode and had different DTMF codes for different functions (one of them being a momentary option that he used for his train horn)

I'm still searching youtube for it with no luck.

This one is available stateside and has been in use at a couple different sites we run - always fun to turn on the inside strobes and siren in a mountain top building after hearing the alarm contact closure go out over the air :)

http://nhrc.net/nhrc-remote-plus/index.php

You could also use a latching kill relay tied to either DTMF or Quick Call II signaling off of most modern radios using the Horn/Lights output.

So, stupid question...

Does anyone make one of these where it has relay control AND can be also controlled manually by switches contained within the vehicle (like override/ console switching) without buggering up the controller board?

maybe one of the Hatzolah guys on the board knows him and they can find out more info... he was a SI unit ....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381