Real cop pretends to be cop elsewhere

"So what was his motive, was he trying to be a hero, looking for money, or trying to pick up women?"

Really????? Kinda just swinging the hammer around hoping and praying you might just hit a nail?? Kinda extreme jumps there.

How the hell did this guy pass the physc eval??

K, maybe I missed it.... What was he actually charged with, Ficticious Registration? Kinda weak. Here, that's only a misdemeanor. Not like they can charge him with Impersonation...

A year for putting someone elses plates on his vehicle, ya right. When murder's with a life sentance are getting paroled after 10-20 yrs, he won't do anything close to a year, if any.

All he'll probably get is a pink slip.

And yes, swinging a wild hammer hoping for paydirt. FN media. :suicide:

Looks like the media did not have anything to put on the news one day and picked on this poor bastard

dont know what the big deal is about 95% of the cops down here have lighting in there personal vehicles and have done traffic stops (IF THEY WERE NECESSARY) not bull shit speeding i mean DWIs stuff like that. hell even i have done it. But i do notify my dispatch or the dispatch in the area to send me an officer of that jurisdiction to help me out.

Here in PA, the ONLY officers allowed to have emergency lighting or a siren on their POVs are the chief and assistant chief of the department. It is something that most chiefs won't do either since it is looked down on by the Pennsylvania State Police.

I don't know any cops who have lights in their POVs. Guys making traffic stops & such out here while off duty isn't done. Use a cell phone, call dispatch if they really need to be stopped.

I have, however, pretended to be an officer from another jurisdiction. Happened a few years ago at the police memorial in Cleveland after the tattoo on Saturday night. I was wearing an NYPD t-shirt and she was silly enough to believe the line of bull I fed her about working there. Never caught on, even with my real PD uniform hanging in plain sight in the hotel room. ;)

PJD642 said:
I don't know any cops who have lights in their POVs. Guys making traffic stops & such out here while off duty isn't done. Use a cell phone, call dispatch if they really need to be stopped.

I have, however, pretended to be an officer from another jurisdiction. Happened a few years ago at the police memorial in Cleveland after the tattoo on Saturday night. I was wearing an NYPD t-shirt and she was silly enough to believe the line of bull I fed her about working there. Never caught on, even with my real PD uniform hanging in plain sight in the hotel room. ;)

At my former dept, A Sgt was telling us about the police memorial week in Cleveland. His advice was NOT to tell your wife where you were going.

FireEMSPolice said:
At my former dept, A Sgt was telling us about the police memorial week in Cleveland. His advice was NOT to tell your wife where you were going.

I wasn't yet married.

If you are, don't tell her. If you're engaged, don't tell her. If she's a cop/fireman/EMS groupie, don't take her.

Seriously, though, it's a fun time. LOTS of attendees, from all over the US & Canada. I believe it's one of the most popular ones in the nation.

FireEMSPolice said:

I'll sound ignorant but... Why?

just seems weird. i wonder if maybe he pulled over the Wrong person or gave them too much of a hard time. plent of Pd have lights on there POV for off duty incase of DWI and the such

It's a strange case. I can see busting him for ficticous registration and whatever traffic violations he was doing (maybe having lights installed without a permit, etc...). But at least in Iowa, I've got police powers everywhere in the state, on OR off duty. If he was driving around making stops in other areas though, that seems... odd to say the least.

By law in Michigan, police officers can only have Amber lights in their cars. Unless it is being used as a police vehicle (attorney general's opinion).

Paramedic said:
I'll sound ignorant but... Why?

Because of the "badge bunnies" (his words). Basically, women who are attracted to the uniform the likelhood you will end up with one (or more) in your hotel room.

Ive seen officers with lights in their POVs. They dont make traffic stops with them though. The only time I have seent them use the lights is if they pull up on an accident or need to respond to the station in an emergency.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381