Rear Fog Light Flasher

Shamrock132

Jun 2, 2010
NH, USA
Hello all,

Long time reader first time poster. I have a 1998 land Rover Discovery which has rear facing fog lights and I was wondering what would be involved in making them flash. There is one light on each side, and they are controlled through a switch which only activates if the headlights are on, and switches the lights off if the headlights are turned off. It is also a momentary switch, so the lights need to be switched back on each time the vehicle is shut off. Would I be able to use a flasher module with the existing setup, or would some more tricky re wiring be involved? Thanks for any advice!

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
Seems like you ought to be able to use a traffic backer type flasher, and you may make tap-ins with something likea 3M tap.

Before other members can give an more accurate opinion, do you want the red rear lights to flash while you have the headlights on too, or independent of whether the head lights are on? T

cory y

May 21, 2010
well if you want them to simply alternate back and forth, a Simple headlight flasher will work... You just have to figure out if it is positive or negitive switched.

Shamrock132

Jun 2, 2010
NH, USA
I would be looking for a simple alternating flash pattern, and it would not matter if I lost the functionality of the rear fog lights as in the 9 years I have owned the car I can count on one hand then number of times the visibility has been low enough to warrant using them. I will find out if they are positively or negatively switched and most likely use a headlight flasher. Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
You may want to use a backflash (made for taillights) and also use the reverse lights flash as well.

S

sargeek

If you use a HLF the origional function of the rear fog lights will remain. However, if you turn the rear fogs on it will over ride the flasher mode. If you wanted to be WHACKTASTIC - Then install a TLF on the Brake/Reverse Lights. And when you are parked on the side of the road turn on the Hazards and you will have everything going.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
if you go with TLF, the reverse lights will alternate with the fog lights. Also, turning on the fog lights will override the their "flashing" function. (same with the reverse, toss it into reverse, the reverse lights will steady burn)

;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.