Recessed white/red interior lighting?

canonninja

Aug 27, 2013
Houston, Tx
To keep this short and sweet, I'm looking for something like the Whelen ambulance LED recessed lighting, but something that can do dual color red and white. I'd use 2 Sound Off "cop lights" but these are going into the hatch of my PI Utility, and dont want anything to bust them while driving around. Anything out there exist? 

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
You could install a switch near the hatch. One switch for white, the other for red. The Soundoff Fusion lights may work... you could mout them on the d pillar angled inwards along with some on the hatch for down lighting...maybe 4 of each color...

http://www.soundoffsignal.com/product/fusion-lite-surface-mount/

You can sign up for their email newsletter and get 15% off!

http://www.chiefsupply.com/soundoff-signal-fusion-lite-permanent-surface-mount.html?gclid=CKispNCN28cCFZKGaQodOTwIog

or use 4 Feniex T3's (2 red/2 white) on steady burn wide mounted on your hatch...much more cost effective...should give you plenty of light!

http://feverinc.net/feniex-cobra-t3.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
They have a dim/ parking lamp mode.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I would not steady burn T3's, due to their small size they got hot extremely fast and may shut down.

Steady burn is reduced on t3's after time to reduce the heat for that purpose.  But not a good application.

We use Red/White Apollo F-6's for stuff like this. Just did a mobile detailing van (E350)  with 6 of the closeout specials we had. Owner and driver are extremely happy. They have a set of switches at each door and a set on the dash to turn them on from any location

Reactions: Chris W

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Personally I'd go with one dual throw toggle but that's me... T3's on dim may be the trick.. Metal bezel tough little light, get a pair to try out... Very budget friendly and if you didn't like them, I'm sure u could dump them on the site pretty easy... Maybe two red towards the outer edge, and a single white towards the center could get it done sharply... 

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Personally I'd go with one dual throw toggle but that's me... T3's on dim may be the trick.. Metal bezel tough little light, get a pair to try out... Very budget friendly and if you didn't like them, I'm sure u could dump them on the site pretty easy... Maybe two red towards the outer edge, and a single white towards the center could get it done sharply... 

and honestly if you are needing both red and white the F6 is cheaper than two T3

canonninja

Aug 27, 2013
Houston, Tx
After another thread where someone tried Cannons for this exact purpose with terrible results, I really dont even consider Feniex an option for steady burn area lighting, or really any warning type light to be honest. But I may be selling the truck soon, so this project may be over before it began. 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.