Recommendation on traffic advisor

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
I'm looking for a traffic advisor and controller for a flat bed in NY. Bar will be all amber. (Possibly red/blue ends). Looking to spend around $350 or less. I saw the SNM E48 is pretty cheap, but I'm concerned with the light output. I want something that will be sufficient in the daytime as well as night. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good bar that won't break the bank? Videos would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot guys

wrecker44

Jul 17, 2010
spokane,wa
The SNM E48 traffic-advisor is great. I had one for about a year. You won't be disappointed with the output....I promise. Its got a hi-lo power setting for a reason, on hi power during the day-time I wanted sunglasses to watch it when I first hooked it up! No joke. Its got lots of arrow patterns and warning patterns to choose from. Just keep in mind that it comes with a 10ft harness, so you might want to get the extension cable to go with it just to be safe ( I needed it for mounting it in the back window of a blazer). Simple 2-wire hook-up, no dip switches or tiny screw panels to deal with either like other brands.

My review from a few years ago might still be in the "product review" thread.

Don't let the price fool you, great product!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I honestly have not heard anyone write on the board any disappointment with the output of the SNM sticks, & you can't beat the price on the E66 stick (single or duo color).

However, 2 alternatives to the SNM that are within your budget:

1) axixtech XL6 commander (which has dependable linear modules)

2) microman bars (Craig can pretty much setup a stick any way you want)

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Like I mentioned, it's going on a flat bed. So it definitely should have a decent size and output.

The E66 looks like it will be a little short for the flat bed

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.