Recommendations for the most compact and economical remote siren/light control?

theolog

Dec 27, 2010
North Carolina
"Perfect" for me would be the Whelen PCC8R if it included a siren.

Strobes N' More

I don't like the idea of a handheld remote, but that might be my only option.

Something like the SVP LCS869 or Code 3 H2 Covert. The Carson SC-1022 is at the right price point but isn't attractive at all.

I'd welcome input... :)

uniden278

Oct 10, 2011
Winthrop, MA
theolog said:
"Perfect" for me would be the Whelen PCC8R if it included a siren.

Strobes N' More

I don't like the idea of a handheld remote, but that might be my only option.

Something like the SVP LCS869 or Code 3 H2 Covert. The Carson SC-1022 is at the right price point but isn't attractive at all.

I'd welcome input... :)

If you can find a Smart Siren SS200 its only 6 buttons and a persuit switch. Its 200 Watt capable if you need that option. List price is a bit high at $450 but search around on here...

yhst-91532681142752_2204_7760125.gif

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
The Carson may not look like much, but the price is right if economical is a top consideration and the siren tones are generally regarded as being among the best available. They sound a lot like classic Federal Signal tones from the PA200 and such.

dodgefan99

Jan 1, 2012
RI
Why dont you just get the PCC8R and run a remote alpha siren from whelen or a carson remote siren. Instead of using the supplied switches, use the ones on the PCC8R.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
AWL may or may not be getting a new remote controller/siren soon ;)

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I recently installed the Galls remote siren ST182..made by Signal...for the money (just over $200) it is very effective for a pov set up (IMO)

The brain is very compact and the control is plastic and lightweight (hence for a pov, i dont feel it would stand up to fleet abuse) with two light control buttons and six siren buttons, the manual states you can choose from many air horn tones as well but i did not meddle with them.. the brain connections are a green bank of small straight screw clamp type, similar to the remote hide away siren from sho me..and the control head cable was plenty long. you can listen to the siren tones on galls site, not usually a big fan of galls but this was actually a deal if you ask me...

All in all a cheap way to reduce clutter :cool:

Galls Street Thunder 100W Remote Siren with 2 Light Control - SK195

Last edited by a moderator:

jprleedy4680

Jan 27, 2011
N. Michigan
Not exactly sure if this is what you are looking for...

But the SVP SS651 isn't a bad little siren. Has a remote amplifier unit and a two-switch controller; Wail, Yelp, Manual, Phaser/Piercer (changable to Hi-Lo), and Air Horn.

Runs around $100, pushes 100 watts, and the tones are great, IMO. I think Sirennet has them branded as their own.

Jhart911er

Apr 11, 2011
North east pennsylvania
I still love my old school spectra/astro spectra with the siren function enabled:thumbsup: call me crazy but it has been virtually maint/trouble free for 15 some years and several vehicles.........

theolog

Dec 27, 2010
North Carolina
dodgefan99 said:
Why dont you just get the PCC8R and run a remote alpha siren from whelen or a carson remote siren. Instead of using the supplied switches, use the ones on the PCC8R.

Now THAT is a fine idea! :thumbsup:

Jhart911er said:
I still love my old school spectra/astro spectra with the siren function enabled:thumbsup: call me crazy but it has been virtually maint/trouble free for 15 some years and several vehicles.........

Motorola? Or am I thinking of the wrong thing...

theolog

Dec 27, 2010
North Carolina
jprleedy4680 said:
Not exactly sure if this is what you are looking for...

But the SVP SS651 isn't a bad little siren. Has a remote amplifier unit and a two-switch controller; Wail, Yelp, Manual, Phaser/Piercer (changable to Hi-Lo), and Air Horn.

Runs around $100, pushes 100 watts, and the tones are great, IMO. I think Sirennet has them branded as their own.

Looking for combined siren and light control.

As far as the Sho-me, which others suggested, I hadn't previously considered that because I had a Sho-Me undercover siren in a marked patrol car a few years back when I worked for a different agency. The county in their infinite wisdom decided to spend $90/each on cheap sirens for full service marked patrol cars! I hated its tones and replaced it with a Touchmaster Delta.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
theolog said:
Motorola? Or am I thinking of the wrong thing...

Nope, your thinking the right thing, the Motorola Spectra and Astro Spectra have the ability to run the siren from the radio control head and/or a DEK unit. You can daisy chain up to three DEK/wild card units to control lights and other devices, but via relays as the output from the DEKs and wld card units was maybe .250 Amps per button.

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
Didn't Federal make a controller that was jsut 2 toggle switches? Wail and Yelp, plus an aux xwitch. I remember seeing one in an IRS investigators car (yea, I know, what a waste).

theolog

Dec 27, 2010
North Carolina
My first couple patrol cars had the Syntor 9000 radios, sirens, and light controls. I loved those siren tones, especially the yelp and air horn. Wait a second, I loved the wail too...kinda sounded like a Unitrol wail. :D

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
If you want the old remote Unitrol from the 80's, without the PA, I have one in storage, and it uses a two sided toggle switch that controls two levels of lighting and up to three siren tones. I bought it from a member of the board, but never got to install it before I had to retire.

nluszcz

Dec 1, 2011
Kentucky
Oh no, I love the CenCom! I just have a "spare" when I got a Gold for a steal, and can't seem to sell it! $200 and I'll mail it out today :p Its a "red" without wiring harness, just head and amp. Works great, just can't seem to move it!

nluszcz

Dec 1, 2011
Kentucky
When I got the gold it didn't come with the harness, so I just swapped out the units and left the red wiring installed. No point to rewiring it! And no point in paying for something I won't use lol. The wiring package isn't too expensive. All you gotta do is order the bag and bam, done!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monsuarre

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.