rect 37 red leds for warning and brake/directional?

frfighter15

May 24, 2010
Waukesha, WI
Hi everyone. I have a interesting question for you all, since im sure many people have done it before. I have 2 red tomar rect37's on the rear of my toolbox for warning lights. I am wondering if anyone has a wiring schematic to show me how to use them as warning or use them as brake or directionals.

Thanks again everyone.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
First of all, are you using the light head's internal flasher or are they set up to an external flasher?

If it's internal and the unit doesn't have a primary/secondary flash pattern selection this will pretty much be impossible. Otherwise, hook up the primary flash pattern (set to steady burn) to a relay that's activated by the brake lights and the secondary to a warning pattern to your control head.

If external and the flasher doesn't have a primary/secondary you can still make it work. Since the light is already set to steady burn for the flasher, simply tap into the power wire between the flasher and each head, use a diode to prevent backfeeding on the line from the flasher, and connect the other line to a relay that's controlled by the brake lights.

Hopefully someone can post a photo or diagram of what I mean because my work computer is giving me hell right now.

Oh, final option, buy a external flasher (whelen ULF44 comes to mind) that has a brake light override feature.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
25CK117

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.