Relay question

rescue52

May 23, 2010
New York
I’m looking for a “time delay start relay”

I have my aftermarket alarm connected to a relay so when I click the remote to Lock, Unlock or the alarm rings the siren activates .

I want to have a 10 second delay that the siren will only activate one the alarm rings for 10 seconds or more, not every time I lock and unlock the car.

Any ideas what I could use ??

GaryErrol said:
You need a time delay relay (TDR).

I need the delay before not after.

Do you know an company or part number ??

rescue52 said:
I’m looking for a “time delay start relay”

I have my aftermarket alarm connected to a relay so when I click the remote to Lock, Unlock or the alarm rings the siren activates .

I want to have a 10 second delay that the siren will only activate one the alarm rings for 10 seconds or more, not every time I lock and unlock the car.

Any ideas what I could use ??

This is what I use: It's a Universal Trigger Module.

apac_audio.com_UserImages_TR7.jpg

http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData/TR7/1_Instructions/tr-7_instructions_010505.pdf

I programmed this module for option #11, which is designed to produce a constant output trigger after a predetermined count of input pulses. I tied it's input into the flashing light output of the after market alarm, and programmed it to look for 5 pulses from the flashing light output before it triggers the siren. When it sees less than 5 pulses, such as one to lock and two to unlock, it doesn't activate and trigger the siren, but when it sees 5 pulses, such as the alarm going off, it activates and triggers the siren.

Programming this modules is a little confusing with the directions because it can do so many things, but when you get it down, it works like a charm.

If you're interested in one, I have one available, new in the package, for $20.00 PayPal, shipped.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381