Remote Start / Keyless Idle

charlie82

May 21, 2010
PA / USA
I am looking to install a remote start kit in my car, but also want to install a keyless idle system. Is there a good all in one package for this, or should I install them separately?

Charlie

charlie82 said:
I am looking to install a remote start kit in my car, but also want to install a keyless idle system. Is there a good all in one package for this, or should I install them separately?

Charlie

I have a Python (1401 if I remember right) remote start. It allows for "secure idle". I think they called it "anti-grind". I had an older one of these in my blazer, unsure of the make, it also allowed for the option. Once you put the car in park, hit the start button on the control, you'll hear the relay click, pull the keys and you're good to go, engine still running. Hope this helps.

USAMP said:
I have a Python (1401 if I remember right) remote start. It allows for "secure idle". I think they called it "anti-grind". I had an older one of these in my blazer, unsure of the make, it also allowed for the option. Once you put the car in park, hit the start button on the control, you'll hear the relay click, pull the keys and you're good to go, engine still running. Hope this helps.

The Bulldog Security brand remote starters have this feature as well. You can change the time settings as well.

Thanks a bunch guys! I am buying a new Explorer this summer, and I want to do it right and put all the stuff I always wanted into it (Pioneer navigation system, Keyless entry, Grade A wiring job for lighting, grille guard, tint etc...).

You know you are a light nerd when you make wiring diagrams for cars you dont event own yet....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381