Remote Start / Keyless Idle

charlie82

May 21, 2010
PA / USA
I am looking to install a remote start kit in my car, but also want to install a keyless idle system. Is there a good all in one package for this, or should I install them separately?

Charlie

USAMP

Aug 14, 2010
Kansas City, MO
charlie82 said:
I am looking to install a remote start kit in my car, but also want to install a keyless idle system. Is there a good all in one package for this, or should I install them separately?

Charlie

I have a Python (1401 if I remember right) remote start. It allows for "secure idle". I think they called it "anti-grind". I had an older one of these in my blazer, unsure of the make, it also allowed for the option. Once you put the car in park, hit the start button on the control, you'll hear the relay click, pull the keys and you're good to go, engine still running. Hope this helps.

WNYEVS

May 21, 2010
Brockport NY
USAMP said:
I have a Python (1401 if I remember right) remote start. It allows for "secure idle". I think they called it "anti-grind". I had an older one of these in my blazer, unsure of the make, it also allowed for the option. Once you put the car in park, hit the start button on the control, you'll hear the relay click, pull the keys and you're good to go, engine still running. Hope this helps.

The Bulldog Security brand remote starters have this feature as well. You can change the time settings as well.

charlie82

May 21, 2010
PA / USA
Thanks a bunch guys! I am buying a new Explorer this summer, and I want to do it right and put all the stuff I always wanted into it (Pioneer navigation system, Keyless entry, Grade A wiring job for lighting, grille guard, tint etc...).

You know you are a light nerd when you make wiring diagrams for cars you dont event own yet....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frenchman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.