Replacement for Fire Truck Warning Light

EMS1

Jun 8, 2010
Near-Southwestern Virginia, USA
Where do you find replacement light for older American La France fire engine, circa 1982? These are in the front, red and are essentially an auto headlight. There is no dome so lens of light is colored. It is jointly housed with an amber light, so red/amber both sides with regular headlight underneath. In center is a Code Three light which moves side-to-side. Interesting look. Unit is still in use.

Charles

ems60 said:
Your description shows like the C3 osilator, see their site or a dealer here may help you.

No, he describes one as being there too, but the light he is talking about is a sealed beam headlight.

Is it these?

BA_640.jpg

I believe you are talking about the lights like the ones on the front of this engine:

aimages.hemmings.com_wp_content_uploads__2010_12_ALFpumper_01_1000.jpg

They should be 5001R PAR46 Sealed Beam Headlamp Bulbs...not sure what the modern day equivalent number is but someone should be along to provide that info,or you can cross-reference it online. Hope that helps!

Pete

TheHealer said:
I believe you are talking about the lights like the ones on the front of this engine:

aimages.hemmings.com_wp_content_uploads__2010_12_ALFpumper_01_1000.jpg

They should be 5001R PAR46 Sealed Beam Headlamp Bulbs...not sure what the modern day equivalent number is but someone should be along to provide that info,or you can cross-reference it online. Hope that helps!

Pete

That pic is the full version of the cropped pic I posted..... same google image search? ha ha

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381