Response to SAR of lost kids in field

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Responding to a call for K9/SAR of missing children lost in a standing corn field. Kids were later located unharmed.  All comments welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Not in IL...for POVs anyway...Blue lights only and HLFs if we have blue grille lights. Audio wise the IVC says no sirens, bells, whistles. I rarely use the horn...most rural folks see me and are very courteous so no need.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I'd digging the vector! :thumbsup:

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
@Nathan R....Got it...thanks again for helping me out....

foxtrot5...thanks man...it really moves traffic.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
why isnt the white pod spinning, or lit?

why even have a five pod vector if your only u sing 3/5ths of it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ohh yeah the blue arrowstick guy.

I remember now :D

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Yeah that's me...Ill be taking the ol' Vector off this winter.  I love it but it still pulls a lot of juice. I'm either going to add LEDs and strobes to this bar in place of 2 rotators OR take an EDGE and convert it to a Freedom. 

Good response. LONG response lol.
Yeah I went straight from home. I'm training a new SAR dog and run direct. It was about 10 minutes to the point where I was sitting behind the ladder truck.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Yeah that's me...Ill be taking the ol' Vector off this winter.  I love it but it still pulls a lot of juice. I'm either going to add LEDs and strobes to this bar in place of 2 rotators OR take an EDGE and convert it to a Freedom. 

Yeah I went straight from home. I'm training a new SAR dog and run direct. It was about 10 minutes to the point where I was sitting behind the ladder truck.
assuming courtesy light state?

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Yup...Blue only.  No amber, clear, red, green, purple for us vollys.  Purple is used by funeral homes and green is only supposed to be used on Incident Command vehicles.

That red FIrebeam still working for you unlisted??

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Cool.  Im tinkering on the blue one I have left.  Its going on a boat or atv...not sure which yet. Im ISO new dome and blackout cover for it.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Hmmm...Ill PM you on that.... :) !

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I wouldnt mind replacing my mx7k with a vector lol and I like the way that rig looks even though im a ford guy lol
I might be selling this one soon...local pickup only though... Vectors are a nightmare to ship.

I would have set up the ladder truck and sent someone up there with a bullhorn yelling "MARCO!"
That's the goal...this time we had an aerial, half a dozen dogs, 7 different police agencies, and an airplane.  Needless to say they got found pretty quick. 

jmccarthy

Nov 9, 2013
ne ohio
I might be selling this one soon...local pickup only though... Vectors are a nightmare to ship.

That's the goal...this time we had an aerial, half a dozen dogs, 7 different police agencies, and an airplane. Needless to say they got found pretty quick.
Thats why I dont own one. Noone around me is or has been selling them

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Keep looking....there were some in PA, but not sure if east or west.  They are great for tinkering on (lotta space for flashers/electronics) but they KILL your mileage and pull like 50-60 amps running full tilt.  Im looking to upfit LEDs to this or swap for an EDGE I am working on.  Time will tell.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Keep looking....there were some in PA, but not sure if east or west.  They are great for tinkering on (lotta space for flashers/electronics) but they KILL your mileage and pull like 50-60 amps running full tilt.  Im looking to upfit LEDs to this or swap for an EDGE I am working on.  Time will tell.
You leave that big beautiful beast up there, you hear me?!?! :hissyfit:

Reactions: SBFD-E-9

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I would if it didn't draw so much... I ride a motorcycle back and forth to work a lot so I could honestly care less about the mileage.  Maybe if I can figure out how to...using another ELB users term here..."frankenbar" the EDGE strobes and LEDs into the Vector it might stay...it wont be worked on again til winter...

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Hmmmmmm..... I happened to have a blue freedom and I'm looking to get rid of it too.. just sayin..... nice truck.
Thanks. Im really on the fence about switching...on one hand I like the emergency lighting the vector puts out. But realistically I need the scene lighting at night more. The EDGE bar I have has 4TDs, 4WLs, alleys, F/R 400s, and 4 strobes which would work better for me. Guess Ill have to mount it up and see. Id love to do a full Freedom conversion as money allows.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.