Restorations

WPD8908

May 21, 2010
NW Ohio
Many of you may remember my house fire several years ago when I lost lots of lights.

After an unscheduled vacation from work I have decided at the advice of my wife and doctor to take some time and do what I like . So after a treck to storage I began my light restoration

The first is my MSP beacon

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_10_aha5ebyp.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_10_vyha3abe.jpgaimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_10_4ahyzu4y.jpg

aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_11_10_qe2ema6e.jpg

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Do not remember hearing about the fire, can only imagine how upsetting it would be to lose lights. That Beacon sure cleaned up nice! Enjoy the time you get!!!

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
That's a lot of nice work you've done there. I love the old Spitfire beacons. Just haven't seen one in a very long time. The last ambulance I had with a Spitfire was my '73 high top Suburban ambulance that had a Spitfire up on the high top. It had a Q over the cab along with a pair of CP25 speakers. Traded it off in '83 for our first van ambulance. Now I wish I had held onto it.

I lost a very nice 1976 Type II Dodge van ambulance in 1985 to a freak fire due to a backfire thru the carburetor. The cab area and the front tunnel lights, speakers and beacon were destroyed. But due to the partition serving as a firewall, the patient compartment suffered some heat and smoke damage, but we didn't lose any of the equipment.

That small Hotshot light I see, is that a combination blue/clear dome. Haven't seen one like that before.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.