RIM industries

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
are they a member of user here?

Looking at tsomething on their website and wondering if they do the ELB discount.

Jman423 said:
:duh: :hopeless:

No as in RIM industires....

www.RIMindustries.com

freeagentmember13 said:
doubt it, good luck getting a discount.

I may not need it as they have the cheapest price on a flasher im looking for. just the shipping is kinda high.

I've bought from them in the past, never had an issue.

well i ordered a flasher from them about 6 hours ago.

i just got an email saying they are out of stock and it will take up to 10 business days for them to get more.

guess i'll be looking for another source even with the 10% discount they have going on with their sho me products.

which flasher did you order i got the same email for flasher 11.1005tsf

i wish they would put out of stock on the product before you ordered

11.1005sf-27

i just called a company called VSS. they have the flasher in stock. 6 dollars for shipping but if you DONT Oder $100 worth of stuff they charge you $10. what the F@#$

at 1 point i was spending $2,000 a week for 6 weeks straight in there store,and they were very tight penny pinchers............ a friend of mine,tried to order a $600 light order last week,and was told it was out of stock also......... i heard since they moved, things went downhill..........

just called them to cancel my order as i just got a deal i couldn't refuse. they said my money will be returned within 24 hours so i guess we'll see.

Well, I should have done some searching first. I ordered-

Able 2 Sho-Me Chameleon LED Signal Sticks 11.2741CH

Which I thought was a great price. But, it has been 3 weeks, and I still have not gotten it yet. I called Friday, was told I'd get an email with a tracking number-nothing yet. I emailed Monday morning, explaining how I still haven't gotten a tracking number, and asking whats the deal-no answer yet.

Welcome to the club. I will absolutely NEVER deal with RIM Industries again. Here's my saga....

On FEB 8 I ordered a SHO ME 8 function switch box for what I thought was a good price. My credit card was charged immediately. Three weeks later, I called to check the status of my order. I was told that it was backordered, but should arrive any day. A week later I was told that "we received some in, but we filled other orders and forgot yours". A week later I called the SHO ME factory and asked if there was a back order situtation. I was told, "we have plenty of them and have no outstanding orders with RIM". So I called RIM.

When I called RIM, I spoke to Bob Morrison who assured me that my order would be drop shipped from SHO ME. He would call me back in 15 minutes with a tracking number. A week later, I got the same story. Again, I called SHO ME and asked if they had any outstanding orders from RIM. Again, the reply was "no", along with a sigh. It was clear to me that SHO ME had been having issues with RIM. The rep from SHO ME told me he would call Bob and find out what the problem was. SHO ME called me back and told me that my switch box was on the way.

Finally, yesterday, after multiple phone calls, multiple empty promises from the people at RIM, I received my switch box. Again, I ordered it on FEB 8. I received it on MAR 28. That's seven freaking weeks to get something that was in stock at the factory!

RIM was full of nothing but lies and extremely poor customer service. They will never see another dime of my money. On the flipside, SHO ME was very understanding and helpful. Without their intervention I am certain that I would still be waiting.

I've been in the store a few times and never walked out with anything because the exact thing that I wanted was out of stock each time.

I ordered a scanner antenna from them weeks ago for an install that I'm supposed to do in my friend's truck...

Well... still waiting. They claimed they were backordered, but I don't seem to think so. The only reason I ordered was because I was too lazy to drive out to the store I usually go to (Firefighter's Equipment of New York - never walked out empty handed!)

My saga continues-called today as I have still not gotten an email response back. Rep from RIM is checking with their shipping department, to look into it, and is supposed to call me back.

Called back, as I hadn't heard anything. Was told it "looks like it dropped shipped out". I called Sho-Me, and got the same "huffff" on the phone when I said RIM Industries. Their sales rep looked things up for me, and no dice. I called back, and RIM was puzzled why I would call Sho-Me! Got transfered to Bob Morrison, and he said they ordered the wrong configuration. I said fine, I'll take it-but he said it would take just as long to drop ship, and give me what I want (which makes me doubt that was my bar that RIM got). Anyway, he said they are placing the order today, with Sho-Me, to drop ship to me directly, and to call when I get it in, and they will credit my card for the cost of the shipping. We shall see!

FYI, to those that have never gone to the actual store. Its a "hole in the wall" location (unless they moved), extremely cheesey and flashy, and staffed by the same 1 guy all the time (I think it is Bob). So maybe a family member picks up the phone or an employee, but don't be fooled, they do not have a shipping department as say TheFireStore.com has...

i think they moved a block to 2 off the turnpike...........

i use to go when they had the store on the pike, i think it was there 2nd location after moving 1 time already, not sure though...............

the store was small, cramped, alot of lights flashing lol

bob was always there and it had about 4-6 workers at a time, i can not see the reason for it lol

also i think they got into trouble with yaesu for selling ham radios with the mars/cap to fire departments.......

plus i wonder why they pulled whacker usa from there lineup lol things that make you go ummh !

even aside from all this negative feedback, i am tempted to order that chemeleon lightstick, thats a bas ass price AND they have it in green (yes, us vollies in Canada have to run green, eh!)

Unless someone else can direct me to another seller selling one with green options for around the same price?

ibby said:
even aside from all this negative feedback, i am tempted to order that chemeleon lightstick, thats a bas ass price AND they have it in green (yes, us vollies in Canada have to run green, eh!)

Unless someone else can direct me to another seller selling one with green options for around the same price?

Check with Pimp, he's got a fairly decent selection of green lights from what I understand...

I specifically want something chameleon, and I doubt Pimp carries anything like that....

Right PIMP? ;)

I got the traffic bar last week thrusday, April 7th. Like I said, I also had to call able 2 to get the heat on. I called and left a message for the owner today, as he asked me to, so he could refund me my shipping cost. Will update if it happens!

That's ridiculous.

Back in 2004 I ordered several sets of LEDs by the Inch from them. They had pretty good prices (this was back when blue was really expensive) but the shipping was outrageous.

Got my shipping "refund"........store credit!! Not the "refund" I was expecting! Don't see myself spending ANYMORE of MY money there, so have to find something cheap to order!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381