Rontan IS-3000 200W Siren/Controller Tone Demo

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
I brought home one of our Rontan IS-3000 siren/controllers for the weekend to do a little review on since many here are not familiar with their products.

This is a quick tone demo. Single 100w speaker is muffled with towels so I didn't blow everyone out of the house so it sounds a little "tinny" in the review but out in the open this thing is awesome. Tones are all deep and clear. My preference would be for the wail to have a bit deeper rise and fall but compared to the SVP LCS880 that I have in my truck right now...I like the IS3000 better. This is the default setup from the factory but the great thing is with the PC software you can change literally anything to suit your needs and select different tones. This config does not have Hi-Lo tone activated.

Once we get it in the truck, hooked up to the Maximum lightbar and fully setup...I will have a much more indepth review for you all.

DISCLAIMER: Yes....we are a master distributor for Rontan and I am posting this for "review" ... not to promote sales. If there are faults, I will point them out. If there are things that we like, we will point them out and I hope you all ask if you have critical questions, comments or ideas.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
I don't like how the wail's a little jerky sounding on its rise, but aside from that, the tones actually sound very good.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I like this siren sounds more traditional then the fenix toy siren.

Jan 14, 2011
Brisbane Australia
Hi everyone,

When using the IS2200 or IS3000 you are able to program the units yourself very simply by means of the Intelligent Siren Software which is a free download from here http://www.rontan.com/dados/sw/remsir/eng/Intelligent%20Siren%201.0.5.53.zip

Download it, give it a go and you'll see how easy it is to program your Rontan lightbars PLUS third party products to operate from the one controller.

Screenshot below.

Any questions I'm sure TraFX will be more then happy to help.

Cheers,

Dugald

Intelligent Siren Software screenshot.JPG

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
Rontan Australia said:
Hi everyone,
When using the IS2200 or IS3000 you are able to program the units yourself very simply by means of the Intelligent Siren Software which is a free download from here http://www.rontan.com/dados/sw/remsir/eng/Intelligent Siren 1.0.5.53.zip

Download it, give it a go and you'll see how easy it is to program your Rontan lightbars PLUS third party products to operate from the one controller.

Screenshot below.

Any questions I'm sure TraFX will be more then happy to help.

Cheers,

Dugald

Thanks Dugald for posting that screenshot. Be it my luck that I had to go buy a new laptop just to run the software (we are all Mac in our shop).

The tones do vary slightly from what we are used to from domestic manufacturers but not by much to my ear. I will get a different video this afternoon of the tones in the open so you can hear the difference when its not muffled.

The ISS software is easy to navigate but can take a few minutes to master. Once you get the hang of it...you can literally change any button to do anything or set the slide switch to control any combination of buttons, tones, etc. Truly one of the most customizable setups that I have seen. It would be great if Rontan would make a dual tone IS-3000 similar to the Sound Off 380 Remote Series.

Prices on these vary by dealer/distributor. Since we are a Master Distributor we are able to offer deeper cuts off the MSRP. Email me at info@trafxledlights.com for pricing and options.

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
More details....

We finally got the system installed and online in our Tahoe. The programming software is really nice but did take us a few minutes to get the USB interface to work correctly. We are an all Mac shop...so we had to actually go buy a new Windows netbook to use the software. The program loaded fine but the computer would not recognize the siren CPU. A quick call to Rontan Tech Support resolved it quickly. They had to send us the new USB drivers for Windows 7. After all that...we were good to go. You can literally customize any button to control any function the siren does. The progressive slide switch can be setup to turn on or off any button, function, etc. The air horn tone is a bit "high" pitched. It would be better if it was lower...more traditional.

The siren ships with a universal bail bracket and a custom faceplate that is "supposed" to fit all the standard console manufacturers and it does....but on our Troy console the screw holes do not match up. You could use it...but we just had Troy send us a faceplate that the head unit would fit into.

Light It Up

Jun 19, 2011
bk ny
do they have a non light bar model?

also can you change what the buttons say like you can with the smartsiren?

thanks

TraFx

Jun 10, 2010
South Carolina
frumemtb said:
do they have a non light bar model?

also can you change what the buttons say like you can with the smartsiren?

thanks

There is not a specific "non-lightbar" model but with the programming software you can make any button or slide switch position control any output or function.

They have a basic legend sheet for the buttons. I will check and see if they have any custom options available or can expand on what they send on the sheet.

Rene Foppes

Aug 15, 2010
Amsterdam Netherlands
I just came across this topic, looking for a controller with a lot of buttons but no sirentones, purely a lightbar controller.

The Rontan IS3000, I understand, has the option to "disregard" the sirentones which are present but the buttons can be programmed to generate an output, right?

adamogden

Feb 1, 2013
Las Vegas
What are the chances that anyone in this thread knows how I can get a IS3000 system? I have a Winglux lightbar that is dying to be controlled by this controller.....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.