Rooftop Mounting Plate

Slicek38

Apr 23, 2020
Prescott Valley, AZ
I am looking for a rooftop mounting plate to mount three Dietz model 9-51 (two reds to the front & a rear facing amber), and my vintage growler siren in the center. Does anyone where I can find one? The plates are almost triangular shaped and look like the attached pictures. Thank you for your help.1964-Savoy-4.jpg20200423_161302.jpg

Crownfire

Jun 23, 2011
USA CA
I am looking for a rooftop mounting plate to mount three Dietz model 9-51 (two reds to the front & a rear facing amber), and my vintage growler siren in the center. Does anyone where I can find one? The plates are almost triangular shaped and look like the attached pictures. Thank you for your help.View attachment 223562View attachment 223563
You are looking for a Trio platter, cast by Trio Sales of LA. Same company that made the T2 can lights used by LAPD as seen on Adam 12.
Though they were used extensively by some of the largest agencies in Southern California, they are extremely rare, and almost impossible to find. I looked into having some replicas cast, but the numbers didn’t add up.
Here is a picture of mine, which dates to 1957 and came off an LA County Fire rig. 748F273B-853E-47CF-AD9A-D59900518D69.jpegE2D531B3-8250-48D5-BD30-4454F4D09ABD.jpeg

Slicek38

Apr 23, 2020
Prescott Valley, AZ
Thank you; I really appreciate your info! That's exactly what I'm looking for. The city I grew up in (Huntington Beach) used them on their patrol cars until the mid-70s, with two LAPD style tin cans, a centered Federal growler, and a red side-profile lollipop light behind the siren. I have been looking for one for over a year with no success.

Crownfire

Jun 23, 2011
USA CA
Thank you; I really appreciate your info! That's exactly what I'm looking for. The city I grew up in (Huntington Beach) used them on their patrol cars until the mid-70s, with two LAPD style tin cans, a centered Federal growler, and a red side-profile lollipop light behind the siren. I have been looking for one for over a year with no success.
I wish you luck. I stumbled onto mine; I really didn’t have a hope of finding one so I wasn’t looking for it. And boom, there it was. May the same happen to you.

Reactions: Slicek38

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.