Rotating Do-Ray Lollipop Light?

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
Here's one I've never seen before. Posting in here instead of auction listing to see if anyone has one of these or knows anything about them. The seller is legitimate - I have bought from him before, and he does come up with some unique stuff sometimes.

EBay Listing

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
dmathieu said:
I've been watching that one. Pretty interesting. New to me also.
He says he has a NOS one in his collection too.

I saw that - he seems to have squirreled away some unique stuff over the years, so you never know what he's going to have in his auctions. There may be a new holy grail......

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
Am I looking at the picture of the gear wrong, or might this thing oscillate? It looks like there's a stop that the gear hits, which would mean it must oscillate or wig wag instead of rotate. Just wondering???? The things that go through your mind at 3AM when you can't sleep...... :hopeless:

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
MESDA6 said:
Am I looking at the picture of the gear wrong, or might this thing oscillate? It looks like there's a stop that the gear hits, which would mean it must oscillate or wig wag instead of rotate. Just wondering???? The things that go through your mind at 3AM when you can't sleep...... :hopeless:

That tab at about the 9 o'clock position? I think that's a stationary contact, probably to a conductor running up the center of the shaft.

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
shues said:
That tab at about the 9 o'clock position? I think that's a stationary contact, probably to a conductor running up the center of the shaft.

Thanks. That makes more sense. Just couldn't wrap my head around what I was seeing there. Still, a very interesting light.

Spanky

Jun 25, 2010
Johnstown,PA
There is a local FD that has a 1940 Ford open cab fire truck with one of these on it. I have seen pictures of it and it seems the light has always been on it. It does rotate. I just happen to know where there is an old tow truck sitting with one of these on it but it obviously isn't as nice. Maybe I'll go grab it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.