Running 12v DC equipment on 120v AC (indoors)

CrownVic97

Veteran Member
I've been using the PowerMax to power my big lights for several years. I still make sure I have an inline fuse or circuit breaker between the light and the power, but have had no issues with these power supplies. There is a small switch on the side of the supply that you have to move so it supplies constant 13.8. It still works if you don't, but then it will be in battery recharge mode and the voltage it supplies will drop in stages after several minutes of operation. I have 6 or 7 of these supplies.
Good to know! I have cables with an inline 40A fuse and on/off switch. I'm looking forward to trying this supply out :D!

Scoot163

Site Veteran
Good to know! I have cables with an inline 40A fuse and on/off switch. I'm looking forward to trying this supply out :D!
I use 8 gauge wire coming out of the power supply terminals. One caveat, the 100 amp rating may be a bit inflated. It will run a couple or even several bars at once depending on type and draw, but you can push it (I have) and cause the supply to burn out. I can turn on a wall of flashers on various bars and it doesn't strain it a bit.

CrownVic97

Veteran Member
I use 8 gauge wire coming out of the power supply terminals. One caveat, the 100 amp rating may be a bit inflated. It will run a couple or even several bars at once depending on type and draw, but you can push it (I have) and cause the supply to burn out. I can turn on a wall of flashers on various bars and it doesn't strain it a bit.
Mine will only be for testing lightbars, beacons, etc, etc. Won't be tied into a bunch of stuff ;).

I got it for the internal protection measures that my old 50 amp Pyramid (betraying bastard, now stuck in 24V :mad:) didn't have.

Latest Listings

Top Bottom