RVM LED Light for 2013 Interceptor - looking for ideas

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
I have a 2013 Interceptor Sedan to upfit in the near future. The vehicle is an administrator's vehicle and needs just the basics. I have everything figure out except a light for the front window.

Has anyone put a dash light above the RVM on these yet? Doesn't look like there is a ton of options with the large blacked out section.

Requirements for the lights:

1. Must be center mounted, or single head on either side to keep a balanced look

2. Whelen light, preferably a sync product

I am open to suggestions. My other thought is a Whelen L31 in blue to use as a throw light. I'm not too crazy about that concept.

afarm8.staticflickr.com_7181_6972923666_2c8f21e058_z.jpg

2013 Ford Interceptor by alundborg, on Flickr

afarm8.staticflickr.com_7096_6972922526_f8cabc1319_z.jpg

2013 Ford Interceptor by alundborg, on Flickr

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
firefighter7017 said:
Have you thought about doing an offset dash light? Maybe a dual Avenger on the passenger side.

Personally I can't stand the look of an offset light - but I asked the customer his opinion on an off set and he agreed....doesn't like it. So the easy solution is out. I suppose a Slimlighter would work but I was really hoping for the ability to sync with the rest of the setup.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
What if you did two single sync avengers on inboard visor mounts?

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
Andy L. said:
Personally I can't stand the look of an offset light - but I asked the customer his opinion on an off set and he agreed....doesn't like it. So the easy solution is out. I suppose a Slimlighter would work but I was really hoping for the ability to sync with the rest of the setup.

Fair enough. I can't say that I'm a fan of it, but can't say that I hate it either. Have you thought about doing two single Avengers(or a similar light) on either side of that plastic piece? Should produce the same results as a Slimlighter, but you will be able to sync with everything else.

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
Whelen ion (sync type) mounted in a spitfire housing?

Or

Whelen TIR6 lighthead x 2 with custom brackets and shield? (Haven't seen this done yet, but seems like a great option if possible to overcome the slimlighter sync issue.

Lastly

Slimlighter TIR6 same dual color wired to a flasher?

GOODLUCK....

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
A single sync avenger on either side would look good. You can get an idea of what it would look like in this video.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
got_ygurt said:
I'd say a spitfire ion on either side of the RVM. The synch wire is there, you just have to tap into it.

Agreed... and the footprint should fit perfectly between the tint and the RVM frame.

Why the fixation on an RVM mount though ? A VersaStar or Dual Pred on dash is really cool (and probably more efficient !)

And by the way... COOL ride !!! Especially for admin duties... :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.