sabre rex lightbar

SireLite

May 21, 2010
Merseyland, England, GB
First of all they are made in china. I have nothing against the Chinese, Just a lot of people have had problems with products from china due to the Chinese using low quality circuits and leds. Causing the lights to fail or even worse catch fire.

[Broken External Image]:http://911signal.com/uppics/led-directional-warning-bars-f5100a4-linear_b2.jpg

I don't own one of those bars, so I can't really comment on the performance or reliability. But if your looking for a cheap and a good quality lightbar. Then you can often find stuff in the for sale section. I often see fully loaded edges sell for less than $300.

tahoetechdraw.pdf

Attachments

• tahoetechdraw.pdf
    300 bytes · Views: 23

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
China Junk, Once they do fail (which is pretty quick and often, some get lucky) you cant seem to get in contact with anyone for warranty. for the same price you can get a good used bar here from a reputable brand.

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
ok ya cause i wasnt sure. im most likely gonna get an axixtech lightbar but i didnt know about these cause they were alot cheaper.

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
I'll echo what these other guys have said. With the off brand stuff, you take a risk of more problems. Not all of them are going to fail, but the odds are much higher. Sometimes you get lucky and a particular company gets things right. If so, rock on. Another thing is support: if you do end up needing something warranties, try to find out what type of support (if any) you'll get.

Two companies, one who's had to change names, has had lots of bad input regarding both things mentioned. Now, I do know of a different company out there that does sell China made products, but they're one of the few that got things right, as well as having a good reputation of support. That company also sells plenty of other US brands, so they've been in the game for a while anyways.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
One of the PDs in my area use these lights but the clone version which are all the same type just change the name in my opinion they suck at night they look like little toy lights i havent seen them in the day but i can only imagine dont buy it bro.

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
Station 3 said:
One of the PDs in my area use these lights but the clone version which are all the same type just change the name in my opinion they suck at night they look like little toy lights i havent seen them in the day but i can only imagine dont buy it bro.
Wow ok. Ya cause like I said I was digging around and found em and I just wanted to see what other people thought of em. Glad I didn't put an order in. :shock:

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
squad 51 fan said:
i saw a video on that lightbar 3 years ago, only it was on(speedtechlights) web-site, :cry:
Ya I saw that myself I just didn't know hahah. And I know how some poeple feel about speedtech to so.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
jonny521 said:
Ya I saw that myself I just didn't know hahah. And I know how some poeple feel about speedtech to so.

Like i said they are all little clones just that they change name from company to company. I think the name of the ones on those units i was talkin about are called the VERVE lightbar its one of those chinese clones :lol:

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
Station 3 said:
Like i said they are all little clones just that they change name from company to company. I think the name of the ones on those units i was talkin about are called the VERVE lightbar its one of those chinese clones :lol: [/quote:rge9gflb]

:lol: I was looking at that bar too. So pretty much stay away from third party stuff

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.