SAE Class 1 LED Beacon?

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Does Whelen make an LED beacon that is SAE Class 1 compliant in red?

All I can find on Whelen's site is information that indicates many of their LED beacons are SAE Class 1 compliant in amber. Several sites indicate that some models are SAE Class 1 compliant in red, but Whelen's site neither confirms nor explicitly denies that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

shues said:

All I can find on Whelen's site is information that indicates many of their LED beacons are SAE Class 1 compliant in amber. Several sites indicate that some models are SAE Class 1 compliant in red, but Whelen's site neither confirms nor explicitly denies that.

I don't know what classifications it's got but the L31 beacon is shockingly bright in red. It's expensive but I highly recommend it.

shues said:

Last I looked most of Whelen's high end beacons such as the L30 series are class 1 compliant in all colors; they are class 1 AND California Title XIII compliant in amber.

Solvarex said:
Last I looked most of Whelen's high end beacons such as the L30 series are class 1 compliant in all colors; they are class 1 AND California Title XIII compliant in amber.

That's what I've found on other web sites, but I have been able to find no documentation to this effect on Whelen's web site. Could you point me in the right direction?

shues said:
That's what I've found on other web sites, but I have been able to find no documentation to this effect on Whelen's web site. Could you point me in the right direction?
Sorry I just remembered seeing it in their printed catalogue the other day. I would imagine their online literature should have it, no?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381