SAE Class 1 LED Beacon?

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Does Whelen make an LED beacon that is SAE Class 1 compliant in red?

All I can find on Whelen's site is information that indicates many of their LED beacons are SAE Class 1 compliant in amber. Several sites indicate that some models are SAE Class 1 compliant in red, but Whelen's site neither confirms nor explicitly denies that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
shues said:

All I can find on Whelen's site is information that indicates many of their LED beacons are SAE Class 1 compliant in amber. Several sites indicate that some models are SAE Class 1 compliant in red, but Whelen's site neither confirms nor explicitly denies that.

I don't know what classifications it's got but the L31 beacon is shockingly bright in red. It's expensive but I highly recommend it.

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
shues said:

Last I looked most of Whelen's high end beacons such as the L30 series are class 1 compliant in all colors; they are class 1 AND California Title XIII compliant in amber.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Solvarex said:
Last I looked most of Whelen's high end beacons such as the L30 series are class 1 compliant in all colors; they are class 1 AND California Title XIII compliant in amber.

That's what I've found on other web sites, but I have been able to find no documentation to this effect on Whelen's web site. Could you point me in the right direction?

Solvarex

Jun 2, 2010
Canada
shues said:
That's what I've found on other web sites, but I have been able to find no documentation to this effect on Whelen's web site. Could you point me in the right direction?
Sorry I just remembered seeing it in their printed catalogue the other day. I would imagine their online literature should have it, no?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaptainKeram

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.