Santa arrest by Texas DPS LT. & Capt. , citizen asks for a SGT...

Amanda

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
is that really necessary? if you're that upset about him handing chalk out to children near christmas, ask him to stop, let the area clear out, and hose the sidewalk off. really? talk about scrooge. those kids are probably devastated.

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
The ACLU probably filed a lawsuit threatening legal action if Santa was allowed to continue spreading his message. Maybe the LT and Capt were just serving a court order... :haha:

timlinson

Apr 11, 2011
North Dakota
haha I noticed the one cop had captain's bars on his shoulders. Go ahead and ask for a Sgt...

Someone had some of those laced christmas cookies....

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
It doesnt matter what he did. The police, in front of all those bystanders, arrested santa claus. So in their minds the police are the bad guys, which is unfortunate. It wouldnt matter if he was a murderer, he was in a santa suit and arrested.

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
twodogs603 said:
It doesnt matter what he did. The police, in front of all those bystanders, arrested santa claus. So in their minds the police are the bad guys, which is unfortunate. It wouldnt matter if he was a murderer, he was in a santa suit and arrested.

Did we ever find out what he was actually arrested for? Was it indeed for writing in chalk on the sidewalks? If that is the case I would agree with Amanda.

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
According to the article, the complainant was a employee of the Texas State Preservation Board. It appears that those Troopers were assigned to the State Capital Division. If those grounds are protected under law, it is not considered public property, just like our neighbor hood sidewalks, sidewalks in front of local business, then the arrest may be valid.

Could it have been handled better, most definately. The image of Santa arrested in front of children, not good.

What can you expect of a Lt and Capt? (I kid, I kid)

Either way I bet all those involved are going to get some coal for Christmas and bad publicity for DPS, especially after that female roadside cavity search.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fireman5340

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.