Schenectady, NY - 2nd Alarm - 22 Mynderse St. - 10/09/2013

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
The pics are taking their sweet time loading on my iPhone, but it looks like a suspicious amt of garbage bags piled up front of what appears to be an unoccupied structure

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Was there anything else suspicious in the pics that I'm missing?

Also, how did the chief burn his hand? Did some flying embers fall or something while he was checking the exterior?

As an IC, I can understand wanting to do a walk around of the structure for size up, but I wouldn't do so in those narrow alleys with out at least having full bunker gear on. Also, once you have done your initial size up, there really shouldn't be a need for him to do a walk around until the fire is out IMO, b/c that's why you have captains & other chiefs with radios (to be your eyes/ears)

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
lafd55 said:
Notice anything wrong within any of the pictures?

A mess of charged LDH still in the hosebed.

A mess of hose EVERYWHERE (that must have taken forever to re-rack).

A lot of smoke without a lot of fire (unless it was all in the c-division).

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
vonirkinshtine said:
A mess of charged LDH still in the hosebed.
A mess of hose EVERYWHERE (that must have taken forever to re-rack).

A lot of smoke without a lot of fire (unless it was all in the c-division).
Yea a crap load of hose everywhere is RIGHT!! The fire never really showed through the front, was mostly the rear and side.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.