Semi Slick Top Suburban Incident Command

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Talk about some side warning! I wonder why more people don't utilize the crossbars for mounting 8-12 head lightbars to? This is a very effective warning package that is in comparison to the price of a lightbar...imo. What do you guys think? I would add a headlight flasher though.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Very cool. I love how they used the roof rack for the light mounting points. The only thing I would have done different is make the "chaser" patterns on the front br synced opposite of each other instead of synced together. And I also would have had bot of the fog light area LEDs be red and maybe have a couple of white modules in the bar in the grill...

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Very nice!

Don't much like the split-flash lights on the sides, and it looks like a couple wires in the grille light got swapped... But I really like how you've got the forward and rear lights up top integrated with the roof rack.

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
It looks sweet!

Except for those terrible flash patterns... It amazes me how people can like those patterns the front bar and grill light had...

Matted33

Feb 6, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That's awesome looking. I have seen lights on the luggage racks before, one of the Hatzolah groups in Brooklyn has an SUV that has some kind of LED bar under the front and back cross beams. You don't notice them until there on.

charlie82

May 21, 2010
PA / USA
Why are the avengers in the rear windows only lit on one half of the dual head?

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
Nothing ONE Freedom couldn't take care of. I would be upset if I were a tax payer and my money went to putting a million little LEDs all over instead of a light bar with the same effect.

None the less, it still looks BA.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
GranPrix said:
I bit too much is you ask me, but it looks nice.

Yeah, slightly overdone. But still a nice setup.

Where does the concept of "semi-slicktop" come from? It is or it ain't, how can you have a mid-way ?

This Tahoe is not, since it has fixed "top" lightning (although no formal lightbar).

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
TheGatekeeper said:
Where does the concept of "semi-slicktop" come from? It is or it ain't, how can you have a mid-way ?

This Tahoe is not, since it has fixed "top" lightning (although no formal lightbar).

Looks to me like the reason it's being called a "semi-slicktop" is because the roof lighting is intended to be hidden in the roof rack and invisible until in use. That way it looks like it's got no roof lighting at all unless you look closely, giving it a slicktop appearance. If it was entirely not a slicktop vehicle, it would have a real lightbar on top which cannot be mistaken for anything else.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2010
VT
I like the lightbar mounted to the crossbars, very sleek.

However, the rest of it is completely over done. In the last video, you see 1 green rotator light stuck out an open window. It's completely washed out by all of the red, therefore no longer serving a purpose to designate that as the command vehicle. I'm all for blinkies, but that thing is over done.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.