Seminole County's New Fleet

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
As the crown vics get retired the new explorers are replacing them..

006.JPG

8-9-2012(1) 005.jpg

side under door lighting

Last edited by a moderator:

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
They look good. I am replacing our crowns with the Interceptor utility AWD also.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
Ill add the pics of the non slick tops next, the agency are using raydians, justice, liberty, Vision, legend lightbars. (the visions are being phased out with the CVPI's)

The slick tops are all whelen lightheads.

the slick tops are traffic units & supervisors.

CarolinaJAM

Oct 21, 2012
South Carolina
CodeMan said:
Ill add the pics of the non slick tops next, they are using raydians, justice, legend lightbars.

The slick tops are all whelen lightheads.

the slick tops are traffic & supervisors.[/quote

They look very nice. PM'd you a message about them as well. Thanks!

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
Ok correction, we have a few that have the Axis Lightbars on them as well.. Note the rear door has the leds installed..

016.jpg

017.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

The graphics are revised since our old graphics don't fit well with the new body style. Becides sending the CVPI's to auction we also use them as pool cars, or CoP cars. (see below)

Our Field Service Offcers, Code Enforcement Officers and CoPs also drive Ford Escapes with whelen Light packages. (see below) Notice the lack of colored lenes on the NON SWORN vehicles!

011.jpg

010.jpg

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
The vehicles pictured above are marked in the previous graphics, many 2012"s are still marked in the old scheme.

Note the use of the GO LIGHT on the F150, even behind the light bar the light is unobstructed to the front.

012.jpg

013.jpg

008.jpg

all 2012 vehicles have LED's in grill, headlights & tail lights. (not many strobe lights left around)

The blue light cars have blue & white to the front, and blue & amber to the rear.

The amber light cars have amber & white to front and amber & red to the rear.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
Lastly we have the 17-1 car (for parades) its a 1962 Chevy Bel-air.

seminole209.jpg

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
CarolinaJAM said:
The new units look great. You have to do a video of these. I know they are lit up like crazy!

See the side view? look under the doors theres an LED multi blue and white strip and the side mirrors have 180* LEDs.

Now to figure out how to post videos.. lol

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
Firefly Berlin said:
Looks like a Sound Off pinnacle. :undecided:

Tag on the side of the lightbar reads Axis. it's shaped like a airplane wing on the front and wedgeed on the rear.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Well I take back my last comment lol...I have seen them before, the colored corner lenses were throwing me off.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
So far no complaints, the suv's are loved. There is a rumor of 4x4 F150 crewcabs being issued to the rural areas, in the near future. :)

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I believe that HG2 offers a lifetime warranty, so I would see about them being replaced.

AllStrobedUp

Jun 1, 2013
Altamonte Springs, Flor
We have 28 new interceptor utilities sitting on the lot getting up fitted for SCSO right now. They are going to be nice. Lots of goodies and blinkies. All the new rides are getting liberties with blue ends.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
AllStrobedUp said:
We have 28 new interceptor utilities sitting on the lot getting up fitted for SCSO right now. They are going to be nice. Lots of goodies and blinkies. All the new rides are getting liberties with blue ends.

The agency seems to be going all Whelen products now, before was all fed sig, mine was done by Don Ried Ford they did retro fits from prievious vehicles to the new ones and are a mix of different lighting manufacturers. most of the F150s where done by them. The agency is good about utilizing local businesses. ;)

AllStrobedUp

Jun 1, 2013
Altamonte Springs, Flor
CodeMan said:
The agency seems to be going all Whelen products now, before was all fed sig, mine was done by Don Ried Ford they did retro fits from prievious vehicles to the new ones and are a mix of different lighting manufacturers. most of the F150s where done by them. The agency is good about utilizing local businesses. ;)
Don Reid brings them to us. They don't have any EVTs on site. We get subbed to do it. I remember the old caprice 9c1s with the vectors. Loved those cars. I think The Sheriff is the only person that drives a Chevy now that the DUI enforcement duputy turned in .08 his tahoe.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
AllStrobedUp said:
Don Reid brings them to us. They don't have any EVTs on site. We get subbed to do it. I remember the old caprice 9c1s with the vectors. Loved those cars. I think Don is the only person that drives a Chevy now that DiBona turned in .08 his tahoe.

Interesting, I didnt know that about don reid.. learned somthing new.. ;) the name drops are for convo only, since many have no idea who they are .. lol :)

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
AllStrobedUp said:
I seem to believe that is the first time I have mentioned anyone by name, and it was vague at most.
Typically we all hear names dropped on the street, or in conversations.

AllStrobedUp

Jun 1, 2013
Altamonte Springs, Flor
CodeMan said:
Typically we all hear names dropped on the street, or in conversations.
Fixed it...

CodeMan said:
Don Reid brings them to us. They don't have any EVTs on site. We get subbed to do it. I remember the old caprice 9c1s with the vectors. Loved those cars. I think The Sheriff is the only person that drives a Chevy now that the DUI enforcement duputy turned in .08 his tahoe.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.