several Texas DOT Whelen Freedom LED lightbars

wmreader

Aug 3, 2012
ETex
I have located several Texas DOT Whelen Freedom LED bars for sale near San Antonio. They have clear outer lenses and endcaps, with blue and amber LED internals (no red or clear), and there are no alleys or takedowns but they would be easy to add. They have long power cables and there is a choice of regular mounting feet or the alloy brackets with stud bolts for headache racks. They have been tested and all work with no issues and the price is $325 for one with feet and $350 for one with stud bolts. Shipping is available for the actual cost to your USA location only, which will be around $50 or so.

The seller and I have done business before, and when he called me about these bars, he said he wanted to make some of them all amber, but he isn't too knowledgeable about how to do the swapping around. I told him I can do it if he would make me a good price on a multiple bar purchase, so I am planning to go down there in the next week or two and do it and also scout out the best ones of the bunch. I am going to get at least two and maybe three of them and I'll have plenty of room to bring some others back with me. If anyone wants to get one of these bars and prepay me (or him) for it and maybe cover lunch for my efforts (hint), I'll be glad to help you out by picking out a good one and bring it back with me to the Tyler/Longview area if you want to meet me to save the shipping cost.

I've asked him to send me more detailed info and some photos. He tried to describe them to me and they are supposed to have a mixture of blue and amber LEDs inboard with blue and amber LED outers, and he thinks they may have traffic advisors to the rear, but is not certain. He said they can be powered and operated from regular push button or toggle switches and he said he even rigged one up with a plug for a cigarette lighter for testing.

I assume since Texas probably orders these bars in bulk in one big order that they should have the same internal setup. If anyone here is familiar with these bars and can chime in with their standard internal setup until I get some pics posted, I would appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
They now have amber corners and blue and amber inboards, flash only no ta. Also they have 400 series inboards without optics. They are an economy bar.

wmreader

Aug 3, 2012
ETex
They now have amber corners and blue and amber inboards, flash only no ta. Also they have 400 series inboards without optics. They are an economy bar.
Thanks for the info. Do you know if the 400 series inboards are single row or double stacked and are they fully populated? Is his asking price fair and reasonable in your opinion or do you feel I have some room to try to negotiate a lower price?

Last edited by a moderator:

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
The 400s are single row 4 LEDs in each head. The corners are standard 12 LED heads. Economy bars. I'd say they are worth half of the asking price IMHO...

wmreader

Aug 3, 2012
ETex
The 400s are single row 4 LEDs in each head. The corners are standard 12 LED heads. Economy bars. I'd say they are worth half of the asking price IMHO...
Thanks for the info. He has made me a very good price for three of them if I can make those all amber conversions for him with some of the others, so I'm gonna go for it.

Reactions: MEVS06

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.