sho me good or bad?

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
According to Sho Me's website the list price on that bar is $1280. So is $699 a good price? I guess. Is that a high quality bar? NO....

thejudges69

May 31, 2010
youngstown, ohio
thats what I thought, I see a lot of sho me lights running on trucks out there on the highway but never one this big. I understand that sho me has different generations of LED setups. I may have to do some further research

waldalm

Mar 27, 2011
US, North AL
Basically $750 shipped? I wouldn't get it. You can get something with 3rd Gen LED's and Linear Optics for not much more. I've got an all amber 44" Whelen Liberty I'd let go for $875 shipped lol

thejudges69

May 31, 2010
youngstown, ohio
all good info, I think I going to pass on these. I went on a couple sites for LED bars and by the time I'm done building them I have well over a grand invested. not really what I wanted to spend that why I'm looking for used.

Magyar E.L.S

May 26, 2010
West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
jprleedy4680 said:
SHO-ME 47-inch Low-Profile Stretch LED Light Bar

MSRP is $1260.88 on one new amber bar.

Personally, I think these bars are overrated; very expensive for a bunch of 5mm Gen1 LED's. There's better technology out there got that price.

Sounds like you might have a decent deal though if you are getting two for around half of the price of one. I guess it would boil down to quality or quantity.

I agree !!! some of the product is VERY over priced.

Jamme

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
As far as new bars, there's plenty of affordable/low end bars for customers needing the basics. Sirennet will have a few and you can always ask folks on here, too.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Sho me flashers are great! Some of their interior lighting is pretty good too! I personally think their lightbars, both full size and mini COMPLETELY suck when it comes to brightness and engineering technology. Boring gen2!

thejudges69

May 31, 2010
youngstown, ohio
grfd711 said:
As far as new bars, there's plenty of affordable/low end bars for customers needing the basics. Sirennet will have a few and you can always ask folks on here, too.

How is the sirennet own brand? there prices are great for what I'm looking for, are they durable?

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
The sirennet branded bars are from major manufacturers such as Whelen, Code 3 and Sound Off Signal. They have mini bars and full size bars. All those companies have great reputations and honoring warranty, though you'd warranty through sirennet if something was to go wrong.

Here's two full size bars:

SIRENNET.COM - Sirennet Economy LED Lightbar (Sound Off bar rebranded for sirennet)

SIRENNET.COM - Sirennet SNLBL2 Lightbar (Whelen bar rebranded for sirennet)

I thought the Star Razr LED lightbar was cheaper, but I guess sirennet jacked up the price. Possibility Galls may have the Star Razr for about $650 in their catalog/webstore.

chittshrek

Aug 24, 2011
Chittenango, NY
I bought the mini sho-me gen 3 Luminator from siren-net when they came out for 425. they do have good bars but for the price you can get better. I am getting a used MX700 loaded led/strobe in the next few weeks for under 200.

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
chittshrek said:
I bought the mini sho-me gen 3 Luminator from siren-net when they came out for 425. they do have good bars but for the price you can get better. I am getting a used MX700 loaded led/strobe in the next few weeks for under 200.

You're comparing apples to oranges. MX7Ks are almost a dime a dozen on this forum. Some sell as cheap as $50.

A full size halogen/strobe lightbar being compared to a mini gen 3 LED lightbar is not in the same ballpark.

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
thejudges69 said:
sho me good or bad
For that price, bad. Plain and simple.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.