Side window lights

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
I am in a little bit of a predicament right now with some side warning lights for my side windows. I had SoundOff ghosts in there that worked perfectly but my chief wanted me to change the color. So the original ghosts were split red/blue that weren't too bad going through 5% tint. Now here is the problem. I have all Whelen lights so I would like to get a pair of Ions...but I also want to have red and white. I don't like the fact that only 3 LED's are on at once because I would like the larger footprint with 6 LED's being on. So I have been thinking about the SoundOff NForce in dual color, red/white. Does anyone know how they do through 5% tints. I don't want to hear the spiel about how I should get rid of the tint and how lights aren't good through tint. Like I said, I had ghosts and they shined through pretty well. Is the Nforce head as good or better?

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
I currently have NForce in the side window of my Silverado. They are red/white dual color and I just have the factory tint. They shine thru pretty well but not as well as a TIR style light.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
Flashguy said:
Can you afford four Ions? Then you can have best of both worlds - large foot print and Whelen TIR!

I thought about that but it's a bit pricey. I may just have to get all red ones. How do you feel about the nforce lights.

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Kd8bao said:
The feniex T6 would punch nice. I know your looking for whelen but a cheaper alternate

:iagree:

I can promise you the T6 would punch through the tint. Own a Feniex Cobra 2x and all I can say is wow.

I would imagine any whelen product with TIR optics would work just fine if you're adamant on staying with Whelen.

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
NFD-102 said:
I thought about that but it's a bit pricey. I may just have to get all red ones. How do you feel about the nforce lights.

I'd definitely recommend going red and white. Red behind dark tint sucks. The SOS Nforce are great lights, but suffer behind factory tint during the day...so behind dark tint like yours, I wouldn't recommend them. I saw a for sale post recently with 90/shipped ION's any color...not too shabby.

If you're open to alternatives, StrobesNMore's new "triple threat" might be an awesome light for you.

Q2bman

Jan 27, 2012
USA oklahoma
I would recommend the Fienex cobra t6 as well. I had them behind tint on the side window. If you want dual cobra t6s they have a dual flange and a dual l bracket.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
I've thought about other brands but id like to sync it up with my innerbeams. My next vehicle will have 20% max. I might do 35% all around to avoid this issue. It sounds like whelen ions would be best. I just need to wait for Friday morning at strobesnmore.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA

That is my truck when I put a red/clear nForce behind factory Ford tint. Personally I wouldn't want to see a light inside my car that is on a L bracket with the wires and screws showing. The ION in a nice looking light all the way around. Just my opinion. If you are going to go with Feniex why not go with the Cobra 200?

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
Eric1249 said:

Thats another reason why I won't go with the Feniex. I liked having the ghost up there for that reason but the NForce caught my eye because it had 6 LED's on at once and was dual color. I wish the SNM E6 had a mount that was like the ghost's and the ions that flashed red and white dual color like the Nforce. I would go with something like that but that's a lot of things to ask for. I'm thinking of just going with the ions though.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
NFD-102 said:
Thats another reason why I won't go with the Feniex. I liked having the ghost up there for that reason but the NForce caught my eye because it had 6 LED's on at once and was dual color. I wish the SNM E6 had a mount that was like the ghost's and the ions that flashed red and white dual color like the Nforce. I would go with something like that but that's a lot of things to ask for. I'm thinking of just going with the ions though.

I wish the ION's were dual color as well. I think the ION is a great light. I think the Cobra series has a good looking housing as well. It is give and take either way

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.