• Cuda with Cuda Flashers OVER

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SML-8 LED with Cuda Flashers UNDER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV
So here is the deal. I used a coat hanger and hung a Cuda SignalMaster 6 Lamp, and an 8 Lamp SML-8 LED.

I plan on putting two Cuda single heads on top, or below it for rear flashers. It will be mounted to the rear headliner, where the agency who had my Expedition before had cut the trim and mounted a rear bar. So I will just re use the holes, and not make more.

I took several pics, tell me see what looks better.

I wanted an 8 head Cuda but the OHP bars are cheap so I got one of those, also thinking the rear foam padding will be nice since it sits right over the third row seat.

I have 4 Cuda single heads, and may take the ends off of the two of them, and off of the SM, and then flush mount them together to make the 6 head SM into an 8 head, kind of.

Also since this is also my POV, I want to get a 12 pin AMP connector, and wire the rear bar and flashers through that, as well as use wing nuts to mount the SM to the roof, so IF I ever have to carry 7-8 people, I can just unplug the rear bar and unscrew it and they will have head room.

Cuda1.jpg

Cuda2.jpg

Cuda4.jpg

Cuda3.jpg

Cuda5.jpg

SML81.jpg

SML82.jpg

SML83.jpg

SML84.jpg

SML85.jpg

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV
To those that voted, thank you. I am ruling out the SML-8, just does not flow well. Maybe if it had clear lenses, and I had LED boards for my SML-1 light heads.

The Cuda looks sleek and I am going to go with the single Cudas under the SM. It will put the bar highler to the roof so it will not have to hangdown to fit the single cudas on top.

Anyone have any other ideas?

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV
Yes, but it is mostly where the weather stripping is on the hatch. It should not block it in anyway, as the SM should be mounted as high as the single Cudas are. And in the 4th pic down, you can see the singles in the glass with it closed, on top of the SM they maybe just a little higher when they are actually mounted as I was using wire to hang it to get photos.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.