Simple radio install (Ambulance)

Nov 7, 2011
New England
As the title says, I figured I'd just share a couple pics of this very simple install I did on a private EMS rig the other day. The truck itself is a 2000 Ford center-mount cot. I believe it was built by PL custom in NJ. I put the M1225 in the same place the Moto astro used to be in. Truck has been used by a smaller municipal 911 service for the first 60,000 miles, and is now owned by the private EMS co.

1.jpg

2.jpg

After a few minutes of searching, I found that there was still an antenna (that rx and tx's awesome) and a cable with a uhf connector ready to go. The simple things in life! :)

3.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Zack said:
Easy jobs are great!

And that is definitely a PL Custom... I'd recognize that electronics cabinet anywhere.

My former PLC ambo center console was quite similar too, but I think the biggest giveaway is the fact the console actually has PL CUSTOM marked on top lol ;-)

Nov 7, 2011
New England
pdk9 said:
My former PLC ambo center console was quite similar too, but I think the biggest giveaway is the fact the console actually has PL CUSTOM marked on top lol ;-)

I sorta remembered from looking through the service manual provided with the vehicle...then I saw the sticker LOL

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.