siren speaker in 2013 F-150 grill

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Hi everybody,

I haven't been around the forum much since I started working my new FT job, and since my last activity, this forum has changed quite a bit. I hope this is the right place to post this.

Looking to get input from folks who have installed siren speakers in F-150s with grill style similar to the pics I have attached. Lots of room but no good ideas on what to mount to.

The speaker is a feniex triton with factory universal L-bracket

Input/suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks very much,

-J

grill1.jpg

grill2.jpg

ClintonPSE

Mar 13, 2013
Clinton, IA
SO, you need to get a vehicle specific bracket or build one yourself. The 2 bolts that hold the hood latch is where they bolt to. Ford moved the ambient air temp sensor in the newer models like yours, so that shouldn't be a problem. StarSVP's bracket works pretty good with Feniex speakers, but it requires the speaker bolt holes to be redrilled. (Not a big deal.)  OR build one. I use 1/8 steel plate, bend it with 2 90 degree bends to set the speaker back a bit, then drill the mounting holes and paint it flat black. Works like a charm. I wish I took a picture of the one I made, but I didn't...I just purchase Star brackets now because I'm lazy and they're cheap enough. ($30 roughly)

Reactions: Chris W

EricTheNerd

Apr 1, 2014
Vermont
A truck that just came into our shop had a whelen speaker mounted on the same crossmember as the hood latch, off to the driver's side. (Basically where the horn is mounted, just on the opposite side.) Another one I've seen pulled the bumper and had a speaker mounted in the gap next to the license plate, and I believe there's another good spot next to the release lever for the hood.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
got any room to hang one of these?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.