Sirennet: 2012 Whelen Chevy Caprice Slicktop Patrol Vehicle

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
The placement is pretty good, just lots of sync/spit fail. The tail lights look terrible how they are configured. I would have put the split Ions on the sides and the solid ones just a tad higher in the grill up front. Does it look like the rear inner edge had a narrow vertical viewing angle? Maybe just me. Caprice is a pretty good lookin car though.

opskmallory

Jun 14, 2010
Utah
Hoff said:
The placement is pretty good, just lots of sync/spit fail. The tail lights look terrible how they are configured. I would have put the split Ions on the sides and the solid ones just a tad higher in the grill up front. Does it look like the rear inner edge had a narrow vertical viewing angle? Maybe just me. Caprice is a pretty good lookin car though.

I agree that the splits would make more sense on the sides, where you only see one light at a time. Solids are better up front, where you see both at the same time.

Also don't care for the vertex's in the taillights. They should have ditched the blue or the red, or put in a custom three phase flasher.

Otherwise, it's a nice ride. I drove a detective model the other day that we had as a demo, and was pretty impressed. I'm on the short list to get a new car this year, and they are thinking buying half Ford's NGPI and half Caprice PPV's with preference given to seniority which I have. Leaning towards the Ford, but wouldn't mind a Caprice at all.

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
Not bad but I think with more thought it could have been better. As it's been said move the solid Ions to the upper grill, move the split Ions to the side window and I'd run a single colour for the vertexs in the lower section of the tail lights, and NO WHITE TO THE REAR! Not a fan of half inner edge up front and a full one in the rear, at the moment it almost has more warning to the rear then the front. As for the console, did he say it's got 4 cupholders in it? I would probably move the L3 video controller and Cencom so the Cencom is up the very front, actually probably could have the L3 up the very front next too the shifter and the cupholders across the console behind it. Then again I'd have mounted the L3 up where the sunglasses holder is, seen similar before and it seems to work well.

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
Maybe its just me, but if I were sirennet, I would not be advertising this car on the web.

In my opinion, the lights are a horrible choice, placed in unusual areas, with stupid flash patterns.

The back hideaways need an entire post just to explain how awful they are.

Don't get me started on the placement of the controller's inside the vehicle.

I would expect better from a company like Sirennet.

I hope for their sake that it was the customer that requested all the idiotic non practical stuff, and not them.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Hey maybe this won't be Stuart talking and talking about a split failed setup..... never mind

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
Hoff said:
...Does it look like the rear inner edge had a narrow vertical viewing angle? Maybe just me...

I noticed that too... and I actually thought how awesome it would be to be able to stand behind the cruiser and not be blinded by the warning light.

(And I assume that as soon as you get a car's length or two away the angle is not an issue.)

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Rear vertex: FAIL

front IONs: FAIL

side IONs: FAIL

front inner edge: FAIL

headlight flasher pattern: FAIL

mounting of the grill lights: FAIL

useless placement of two amber lights in the rear: FAIL

console set-up: FAIL

Narrator: FAIL

hey sirennet, are you listening?

firefightin6

Jun 9, 2011
USA, East Coast
I like the rear of the vehicle. I'm not talking anything about flash patterns, just the items used on the rear of the car.

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
apparently they didn't realize that the 2 holes in the headlight flasher were for mounting the unit .... heck even if you were lazy you could zip tie it back to the wire loom.

they don't do installs at sirenent, that is their showroom/ shipping facility they have partnered with star cars for their installs, at least thats what they have said in their previous videos.

RJ*

May 21, 2010
Finland
"It comes in... with a wiring harness in the vehicle to allow you to put in a plug-and-play wiring harness." :haha: :bonk:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.